can’t download any video from drive app

Ar J

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a problem with export/download videos on iphone and ipad from any drive app (dropbox, onedrive, googledrive etc.) I can download it on device files but can’t play it or save it to camera roll. Does anyone know what’s the catch? I can’t even download videos I used to download :/

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I have a problem with export/download videos on iphone and ipad from any drive app (dropbox, onedrive, googledrive etc.) I can download it on device files but can’t play it or save it to camera roll. Does anyone know what’s the catch? I can’t even download videos I used to download :/

I have a video taken during one of my son’s football games saved to the Files app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When I select the video, I have the option to play it from within the Files app. If I select the share option at the bottom right corner of the screen (box with an arrow pointing upward), I have numerous options available to me and one of them is “Save Video” which would save it to the Photos app. If you’re not seeing something similar then try resetting all settings. By the way, what model iPhone and iPad are using and what OS version is installed on them?

Ar J

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
I have a video taken during one of my son’s football games saved to the Files app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. When I select the video, I have the option to play it from within the Files app. If I select the share option at the bottom right corner of the screen (box with an arrow pointing upward), I have numerous options available to me and one of them is “Save Video” which would save it to the Photos app. If you’re not seeing something similar then try resetting all settings. By the way, what model iPhone and iPad are using and what OS version is installed on them?

It is happening to me when I want to download a video from drive (dropbox, onedrive, google drive etc.). I can download video to files but it won’t play and won’t save to camera roll. Devices are updated to the latest version of iOS 13.3. Btw I think I started to have difficulties after update. Don’t know what’s the catch.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is happening to me when I want to download a video from drive (dropbox, onedrive, google drive etc.). I can download video to files but it won’t play and won’t save to camera roll. Devices are updated to the latest version of iOS 13.3. Btw I think I started to have difficulties after update. Don’t know what’s the catch.

I just downloaded a short video from my OneDrive directly to the Photos app on my iPhone. Afterwards, I downloaded the same file from OneDrive to the Files app on my iPhone and I was able to play both videos without any issues.

Having said that, I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t think there’s anything in the Screen Time restriction settings that would affect this. Is it possible that you live in a place where you may be restricted from playing certain content? If not then you might want to restore your device and then set it up as new.

Ar J

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
I just downloaded a short video from my OneDrive directly to the Photos app on my iPhone. Afterwards, I downloaded the same file from OneDrive to the Files app on my iPhone and I was able to play both videos without any issues.

Having said that, I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t think there’s anything in the Screen Time restriction settings that would affect this. Is it possible that you live in a place where you may be restricted from playing certain content? If not then you might want to restore your device and then set it up as new.

It’s not that a problem (restrictions for my place) because few days ago I downloaded my videos without problems and now I can’t (new and old videos I used to download). Bte I have enough memory. And it’s akward to me because it started to happen on the iphone so as on the ipad :/ after I updated iOS to 13.3 :(

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s not that a problem (restrictions for my place) because few days ago I downloaded my videos without problems and now I can’t (new and old videos I used to download). Bte I have enough memory. And it’s akward to me because it started to happen on the iphone so as on the ipad :/ after I updated iOS to 13.3 :(

Sometimes things get corrupted during an installation. It can happen with both an operating system and apps. That’s just how it is sometimes. Restore and set up as new. That should fix the problem. Is it an inconvenience? Yes, it can be, but is it worth doing if it can fix the problem? Yes, in my opinion.

Joanne Petit-Frere

Sep 24, 2020
Visit site
When you go to your file, in your drive --- go to the top 3 dots on the top right --- click, and select --- send a copy ---- then, you will see all the options available to you --- from your most immediate contacts --- etc . ---- scroll down to --- Save Video --- that should work!

Sometimes things get corrupted during an installation. It can happen with both an operating system and apps. That’s just how it is sometimes. Restore and set up as new. That should fix the problem. Is it an inconvenience? Yes, it can be, but is it worth doing if it can fix the problem? Yes, in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8