Camera Shutter sound ONLY works in portrait mode ?????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally like the camera shutter sound when taking pictures, but now the shutter click/sound ONLY works when my 7 Plus is in portrait mode.

And before anyone suggests to turn live photo OFF, it is off,,, mute is not on and volume is up all the way.

I'm running 10.1.1

I've tried everything, powering my iPhone on and off, triple checking ALL my settings and nothing works.

When taking a regular photo there's just total silence, no shutter sound,,,, when in portrait mode the shutter sound works perfectly.

So what's the fix ????

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a software glitch. Like said above i would try to do a factory data reset but be sure to backup data first.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset?

Sounds like a software glitch. Like said above i would try to do a factory data reset but be sure to backup data first.

Luckily I found the problem, I found many others in a Google search that are experiencing the same problem,, getting shutter sound in portrait mode only.
Yep, it's a software issue with 10.1.1 that Apple is aware of and has yet to repair.
The fix, easy, just slide up the menu from the bottom, then slide to the left and bring the volume slider up to 100%.
After doing this I have shutter volume on photo mode now, although it's not as loud as it is in portrait mode it's about 70 to 80% as loud.
Hopefully Apple fixes the issue with their next software update.
Thanks to all that offered ideas on a fix, I'm just glad it didn't involve a reset of my phone which would not have fixed it anyways.
Cheers
Davyo

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Glad you figured out your issue sir.

I hate the shutter sound myself. When trying to get pics of kids doing something funny draws attention to me and ruins the moment. Lol

No, I'm not a pooper peeper in target just don't like the noise

jasmemphis

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Luckily I found the problem, I found many others in a Google search that are experiencing the same problem,, getting shutter sound in portrait mode only.
Yep, it's a software issue with 10.1.1 that Apple is aware of and has yet to repair.
The fix, easy, just slide up the menu from the bottom, then slide to the left and bring the volume slider up to 100%.
After doing this I have shutter volume on photo mode now, although it's not as loud as it is in portrait mode it's about 70 to 80% as loud.
Hopefully Apple fixes the issue with their next software update.
Thanks to all that offered ideas on a fix, I'm just glad it didn't involve a reset of my phone which would not have fixed it anyways.
Cheers
Davyo

Thank you ! Worked perfectly.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox