Camera shudder sound iP5 iOS 7

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having some slight lag in the shutter sound when taking a pic? I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7. Just noticed it today when taking a screenshot. Hopefully will be fixed in an update, as I don't believe it is a hardware issue.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having some slight lag in the shutter sound when taking a pic? I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7. Just noticed it today when taking a screenshot. Hopefully will be fixed in an update, as I don't believe it is a hardware issue.

I noticed (and reported it) through the beta releases... even in the GM on my iPhone 5 ... kind of a semi-delayed/semi-stuttering ... It’s not there on my 5S...

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The shutter itself is spot on, it's the shutter sound that sounds funny. Hopefully fixed in future updates.

Thank you for the replies!

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The shutter itself is spot on, it's the shutter sound that sounds funny. Hopefully fixed in future updates.

Thank you for the replies!

Exsurgo, great description! Exactly how my phone is since the update. The camera works perfectly but the shutter sound seems to fluctuate between being delayed, quiet, or nonexistent.

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I discovered that the sound is different depending on which button you click first. As you know a screenshot pic is taken with both the power and home buttons, so I discovered that if I click the home button first just fractions of a second before hitting the power button, the shutter sound is delayed and sounds funny. If I hit the buttons the other way around (power first, then home) the sound is completely normal every time! Weird...

Take care all!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app