Camera Roll and folders

Amadeab

Feb 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys. Quick question. I come from Android, where as you know u can customise and organise your phone a million different ways. The only thing I’m missing at the moment is my folders for my pictures. I use to have a family folder and a kids folder, funny pics and whatever I basically wanted. My question to you guys. If I make folders and move my photos over, I know a copy stays on my camera roll. Now. The question. If I have the same photo on my camera roll and in a folder, does it take up twice the space ? I cannot stand that all my photos are in one folder under camera roll. I dont want to look through 500 photos if im looking for a specific pic. I have the XS Max Thanks a stack

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Quick question. I come from Android, where as you know u can customise and organise your phone a million different ways. The only thing I’m missing at the moment is my folders for my pictures. I use to have a family folder and a kids folder, funny pics and whatever I basically wanted. My question to you guys. If I make folders and move my photos over, I know a copy stays on my camera roll. Now. The question. If I have the same photo on my camera roll and in a folder, does it take up twice the space ? I cannot stand that all my photos are in one folder under camera roll. I dont want to look through 500 photos if im looking for a specific pic. I have the XS Max Thanks a stack

Nope, only the photos in Camera Roll take up space. The photos in folders are simply place holders.