Camera quality

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody like the new camera specs? I find the quality worse then he iPhone 6 camera lol the selfie camera is worst then the back haha

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Stabilization is good. But seriously, Apple is behind in this segment.

You are correct. Apple is definitely behind the 8 ball with its cameras. Microsoft is the leader with Samsung catching up really fast. Both Microsoft and Samsung have RAW capture. Microsoft has included RAW capture and optical image stabilization in its flagship Lumias for over 2 years now; 4K video capture was implemented just over a year ago. All Microsoft did was update the camera's firmware.

Do you need 20MP to do RAW capture? No. All Apple has to do is update the camera's firmware to tweak image and video capture to improve low light performance. For RAW capture, it's just a matter of updating the camera APIs to allow it to access the RAW data coming off of the camera.

The downside is that RAW capture is significantly more data intensive. A RAW DNG on my Lumia Icon is approximately 20MB versus 5 to 6MB for the JPG version at the same resolution.

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
You are correct. Apple is definitely behind the 8 ball with its cameras. Microsoft is the leader with Samsung catching up really fast. Both Microsoft and Samsung have RAW capture. Microsoft has included RAW capture and optical image stabilization in its flagship Lumias for over 2 years now; 4K video capture was implemented just over a year ago. All Microsoft did was update the camera's firmware.

Do you need 20MP to do RAW capture? No. All Apple has to do is update the camera's firmware to tweak image and video capture to improve low light performance. For RAW capture, it's just a matter of updating the camera APIs to allow it to access the RAW data coming off of the camera.

The downside is that RAW capture is significantly more data intensive. A RAW DNG on my Lumia Icon is approximately 20MB versus 5 to 6MB for the JPG version at the same resolution.

It was Nokia who brought this amazing camera feature into the Lumia devices. But looks like MS ruined it all, making me jump from Lumia to iPhone 6s Plus.

Check this review.

It was not the camera that made me switch. For years I was waiting for apple to release big screen smartphones and now I got one. It is the quality apps and huge application support, that I enjoyed moving from the Windows

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I found when I looked at pictures taken in the dark with my 6s the pictures came out better than the note 5 but didn't necessarily look better while taking. The note 5 brightens the pic up a lot more than the iPhone but there are also more blurs than pictures taken with my iPhone. The camera works fine for me and I have a ton of cherished memories on my iPhone. I wouldn't even think about going Microsoft or Samsung because the camera.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I found when I looked at pictures taken in the dark with my 6s the pictures came out better than the note 5 but didn't necessarily look better while taking. The note 5 brightens the pic up a lot more than the iPhone but there are also more blurs than pictures taken with my iPhone. The camera works fine for me and I have a ton of cherished memories on my iPhone. I wouldn't even think about going Microsoft or Samsung because the camera.

Me neither! The photos I get with my 6s Plus are great! Could they be better? Yes. But I'm not switching to Android or Windows just for slightly better photos. Apple continues to improve the iPhone camera. I'm guessing big improvements in the next couple years. DSLR quality improvements.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have found the 6s+ to be pretty good, but I think I preferred the iPhone 6 camera overall. I seem to have more pics out of focus with the 6s+ for some reason. I rarely had blurry pics with the 6. This is with the main camera. I rarely use the front facing camera.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
It was Nokia who brought this amazing camera feature into the Lumia devices. But looks like MS ruined it all, making me jump from Lumia to iPhone 6s Plus.

Check this review.

It was not the camera that made me switch. For years I was waiting for apple to release big screen smartphones and now I got one. It is the quality apps and huge application support, that I enjoyed moving from the Windows

Yeah. A lot of that is W10M is still needing a lot of work. My Icon with WP8.1/Denim was a **** kicker when it came to photo and video. Like I said, if Apple enabled RAW capture and tweaked the low light capture, it could really kick ****. You don't need 20MP to take amazing photo and video.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have found the 6s+ to be pretty good, but I think I preferred the iPhone 6 camera overall. I seem to have more pics out of focus with the 6s+ for some reason. I rarely had blurry pics with the 6. This is with the main camera. I rarely use the front facing camera.

I agree

Blacklizted

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't have the 6S Plus, but do have a 6 Plus. I love cameras so I purchased a 950 XL. I took a low light photo on both phones and was surprised by how Apple is trailing behind. I shot lots of photos but here's one to share.
6tag-661051335-1171884610071879710_661051335.jpg
Its not only the megapixels, but the algorithm that produces the jpegs for the Lumia is amazing. Its clean and sharp.

Apple needs to catch up. If not, leap forward. For camera enthusiasts who doesn't care much about apps, I might pass on the next iPhone for the first time (I don't buy the S versions due to my carrier's 2-year lockup rule).

The good news is that there is a rumor of a dual camera setup on the iPhone 7. Interesting!

Last edited:

ryga

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
If the pic quality is poor then the dual camera will be a useless gimmick. Check htc one m8 dual camera thingy...poor pic quality killed it. So pray apple improves the pic quality cos with the s7 samsung showed aplle that they can do much better on the 6splus.

stayawayfromthey

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
If the pic quality is poor then the dual camera will be a useless gimmick. Check htc one m8 dual camera thingy...poor pic quality killed it. So pray apple improves the pic quality cos with the s7 samsung showed aplle that they can do much better on the 6splus.

Apple's not going to ship a phone that takes worse photos than their last flagship device. And they're also not going to make the same mistake as HTC did. If anything, their dual camera system, if it actually will be in the next set of iPhones, will produce better photos than the 6s Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen