Camera Edit Options Red eye Fix

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have raised this question before about the red eye fix in particular, but when I use any "edit" option within the camera app the edit only seems to stick with iOS devices. I can message to my wife (4) and the fix remains. If I upload to Dropbox, the edit is gone. On a rare occasion, if I upload using SkyDrive app, the edit sometimes remains. If I use Windows 7 import photo feature, edit is gone. Any thoughts?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Camera Edit Options

I have raised this question before about the red eye fix in particular, but when I use any "edit" option within the camera app the edit only seems to stick with iOS devices. I can message to my wife (4) and the fix remains. If I upload to Dropbox, the edit is gone. On a rare occasion, if I upload using SkyDrive app, the edit sometimes remains. If I use Windows 7 import photo feature, edit is gone. Any thoughts?

No fix for you, but sympathy: I no longer use any of the native editing options because I simply cannot trust that they will save only the edited version. Too often I've cropped a photo in the native app and then uploaded it to Facebook or Twitter (or opened it for further editing in a third-party app), only to find that the full, original, uncropped photo gets uploaded. No idea why it would work that way, but it's basically made native editing unusable for me.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't just me. Recommend anything for editing? Simple red eye and auto fix options

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Not a fan of snapseed, but tried Pixlr and Adobe Express. Adobe seems to be extremely simple and can save original sized image. Pixlr has better color auto fix but can only save smaller sized images unless I manually type it in.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

Adobe and Aviary are both good options; I haven't tried Pixlr. Out of curiosity, what was it you didn't like about Snapseed? I ask because I actually switched from Adobe PS Express to Snapseed.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Snapseed was a little over bearing to use on a mobile device. Way to many things to learn for what i really needed. I use photoshop on pc, and ps express on iOS is extremely simple and all controls are laid out right in front of you.