Call Logs iOS / Mac OS- How does it work

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
When making a call on any iOS or Mac OS device will the call log or that phone call be copied to all devices and if so how does it copy a call i made from my iPhone to iPad and mac if theres no phone app.

I noticed when I made an ordinary cellular call on iPhone it doesnt copy to FaceTime on my iPad or Mac but if i make a call using continuity on iPad or mac then it will appear on my call log on my iPhone but not the other way around

I know in iOS 11 they brought a new iCloud text sync feature to have all messages on all devices and delete on one device - it will delete on all devices

Is there a similar thing for calls ?

Is there a way to make it work such as if I make a regular call on my iPhone it will copy to my iPad on FaceTime as well because at least for me it doesnt work that way

Also i have all the options enabled

Thanks

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
From what I know, the only call logs that will appear on iPad and Mac OS is FaceTime. Every other call should be visible on the iPhone. Hopefully someone with more experience on this matter will be able to help you out soon

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
cool thanks. Also if i make a call or delete a call log on FaceTime will it delete on FaceTime across all devices or just that one specific device

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
thanks. Im happy Apple added the new text sync via iCloud and the faces sync via iCloud small additions but theyre nice and improve the os in my view

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sam, please keep this conversation in this particular thread. Your other threads asking the same thing has been removed from view. Thanks.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Sorry about that :) but technically theyre 2 separate questions one is in relation to FaceTime and the other is in relation to ordinary cellular calls but granted both are pretty related i suppose

Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner