Calendar sharing confusion

I

iMore Question

I have my main calendar on my mac linked to my iphone via icloud. It consists of multiple 'calendars' displayed on one calendar screen. I want to share this with my OH to use as his main calendar on his mac linked to his iphone also via icloud. I have shared the relevant 'calendars' but he has recieved individual emails for each seperate calendar I have shared with him.

I am now unsure how to create his mail calendar on his mac to display the same multiple calendars in one, so to speak, so that both will synchronise and display identically.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to assist me. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way would be for you to create a new iCloud account that the both of you can configure on your devices for the sole purpose of calendar sharing. Still, I hope others will reply with suggestions to further help your situation.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
You can setup Family Sharing on the iPhone, invite OH. Family Sharing creates a new Family calendar. You should be good to go.

I have my main calendar on my mac linked to my iphone via icloud. It consists of multiple 'calendars' displayed on one calendar screen. I want to share this with my OH to use as his main calendar on his mac linked to his iphone also via icloud. I have shared the relevant 'calendars' but he has recieved individual emails for each seperate calendar I have shared with him.

I am now unsure how to create his mail calendar on his mac to display the same multiple calendars in one, so to speak, so that both will synchronise and display identically.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to assist me. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2