Calendar items disappearing

I

iMore Question

I am having real problems getting calendar items to "stick" in my IPad mini. I put them in, and they disappear. This is not a sync problem, as I am not trying to get them to sync with any other device. Just in case, I turned the ICloud calendar setting to "on", but still no good. I put an item into May 2015, it appeared briefly, but the moment I tried to put an item into June 2015, both disappeared. Help!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you try and reboot your device and try again. If it works great, If not try and place a number of items in this year to see what happens.

Brunnhilde

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I can put items into other months, both 2014 and 2015, up to and including March 2015. Any item I try to put into a subsequent month disappears.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can put items into other months, both 2014 and 2015, up to and including March 2015. Any item I try to put into a subsequent month disappears.

Try doing the following:
Go to Setting - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scroll down to the "Calendars" section. Next to "Sync", choose "All Events".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope, still doesn't work..... I guess it is back to a paper calendar for security.

Let's start from the basics:

1. Is iCloud your "default" calendar? You can check by going to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then scrolling down to the "Calendars" section. It will be displayed next to "Default Calendar".
2. Now go to Settings - iCloud and make sure the green background is showing next to "Calendars".
3. Initiate the native Calendar app (I'm assuming that's what you're using) and then tap on "Calendars" at the bottom center of the screen.
4. Tap on "Show All Calendars" as well as "All iCloud" then make sure a checkmark is next to all of them.
5. Select "Done" in the upper right corner.
6. Check the calendar events to see if your entries will display.
7. Login to the iCloud website via a computer to see if the entries are present in the online calendar.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tried these instructions and all was set up as should and everything worked when I used examples including when I went to iCloud and deleted the event and same when I deleted from calendar it left iCloud. All works proper on my end.

Brunnhilde

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I think I have fixed it now for my IPad, but it is very odd. ICloud was not my default calendar. I had been using an IPad 1 (yep, an IPad 1) which had suited me very well and for which the calendar function worked perfectly. The only problem was, I had started using it when living in Europe, and when I came home, I had problems with time zone issues. If I put the IPad on a different time zone, all the entries which I had carefully entered, changed. I could not use an automatic time zone setting as I put in events that would occur in the future in different countries. So, I kept it on a European time zone, and simply had to remember not to use the IPad as a watch. I made the decision, however, when I upgraded to an IPad Air (not mini as I said in my first post), that I would go through the effort of changing the time zone to the one in which I live. I turned off the Bluetooth connection in my IPad 1 and un-synced everything (at least I thought I did), as I wanted to retain the old calendar and old entries in that device, and laboriously updated all the new entries in the new IPad. Given that I no longer have to share my calendar, I was hoping to use the IPad as one used to use an old Palm pilot -- i.e. just enter the info on the device and have it there. No sharing, no need for ICloud, so I made the default to my Yahoo account. But no, I found that did not work. And so I did flick on the ICloud but did forget to make it my default calendar. In any event, even without flicking that final button (which I have done now), all kinds of erroneous entries appeared. I laboriously fixed them again. But then I ran into the problem of not being able to book more than a year ahead. Now I can book ahead, and my bookings do stick and I can view them in my IPad, but only new bookings and some assorted old booking appear when I go onto the ICloud calendar on a computer. Of course it has now messed up my old calendar in my old IPad although I thought I had turned all the sync buttons off. Too much sharing for my liking. All I was looking for was a simple calendar device, and I have spent hours fixing my calendar and don't know what bookings are in fact irretrievably lost. Thank you for your help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods