Buying multiple Verizon iPhone Xs on one account???

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone on Verizon successfully purchased multiple iPhone Xs paid in full on one single Verizon account through the Apple store?

I’d like to get my hands on a Verizon unit but obviously cannot get past the carrier verification. My sister will get one for me but she wants a device too so don’t want to leave her in a lurch.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 lines on Verizon and ordered all three through Apple for pickup on saturday.

Right but can you order multiple phones on one single line on Verizon if you pay in full? That’s what I really need to know. The Apple store app will do carrier verification when ordering and I don’t want my sister to not be able to order a phone for herself if I use her credentials.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Right but can you order multiple phones on one single line on Verizon if you pay in full? That’s what I really need to know. The Apple store app will do carrier verification when ordering and I don’t want my sister to not be able to order a phone for herself if I use her credentials.

I think to do that one order has to complete before you can order another on the same line. So she will be able to order a phone for herself on that line once your order on her line is completed.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think to do that one order has to complete before you can order another on the same line. So she will be able to order a phone for herself on that line once your order on her line is completed.

Define complete .... as in paid for and picked up or shipped?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Wait for Apple to release the unlock SIM free version. It’s not tied to any carrier. They usually do this 2 weeks after the release of new phone. You can then buy as many phone as you want without worrying about your carrier verification.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wait for Apple to release the unlock SIM free version. It’s not tied to any carrier. They usually do this 2 weeks after the release of new phone. You can then buy as many phone as you want without worrying about your carrier verification.

I know but I want to return my ATT device before the 14 day window. Therein lies the problem.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I know but I want to return my ATT device before the 14 day window. Therein lies the problem.

Like others have said, verizon makes you wait until the order is complete. They won't let you order multiple on the same line until it is bought, paid for, and activated.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So I found one available this morning and ordered one using my sisters credentials. Hopefully they won’t give me crap when I pick it up.

What happens if I activate it with my ATT sim? Will she still be able to order one for herself in a few weeks? Or does it need to be activated on Verizon first?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I found one available this morning and ordered one using my sisters credentials. Hopefully they won’t give me crap when I pick it up.

What happens if I activate it with my ATT sim? Will she still be able to order one for herself in a few weeks? Or does it need to be activated on Verizon first?

At first you will have to activate it on the line it was ordered on. Once you do that, then you can just switch the sim into it from your att line.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok Verizon customers .... help me out here. The Verizon iPhone X I️ have through my sister’s account is showing these charges.

e73139be218d0413c0ae9cb04bfcb889.jpg

Will there really be an additional $30 activation fee for this if she’s an existing customer?

Also, what is this $20/mo line fee? Is that in addition to her monthly fees she is already paying?

Just trying to be careful and not stick her with additional expenses.

Seems like they’re trying to squeeze every last penny outta you.
@BreakingKayfabe @Premium1

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Line access is what she already has.

The stupid "upgrade fee" is $30 but it's easy to take off with a simple phone call to them after your bill generates. I don't get those because I'm on a corporate discount.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Line access is what she already has.

The stupid "upgrade fee" is $30 but it's easy to take off with a simple phone call to them after your bill generates. I don't get those because I'm on a corporate discount.

Just curious - how did you get multiple units? Did you use multiple Verizon lines, or the same line one after another?

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I’d still like to hear from others who may have successfully or unsuccessfully purchased multiple devices with one Verizon carrier account.

one account vs one line- two different things. One account should work- though may need to wait for fully unlocked phones to be released.

To activate, they need an active line- so each next ine would bump the last one off a single line. Sounds conplicated!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro