buying an iphone 5s. which is just 32GB. Is it worth it?

popengchan

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
gonna make this as short as possible. im torn about the 32 and 64gb. most of you will state to just buy the 64gb then. but in here, the price jumps to another 100 bucks, so it is something to consider.

here are my factors

-price difference is a 100 bucks, which is a big deal for me
-im thinking that apple may release a "6s mini" so i dont want to spend that much on a more than a year old model, anyone has any thoughts about this? like how possible it is for apple to release a 6s mini? 4 inch is perfect for me.
-the MOST important factor/query is, is it plausible just to have only 32gb memory? i have about 10gb of media not including apps. so how does the latest os fare in taking up space? can any one give me an average of how much memory i may use in a 32 gb? having 10gb media (no, i hate clouds), os (i dont know how big), and about 5gb of apps (is my allocation for apps too big?)

so, in summary, i guess im asking, is 32GB liveable considering the data i stated above?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I got by fine on 32GB on my iPhone5... On my iPhone6, I'm using around 30GB of 64... 32GB can be managed well for average use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My Wife has had a 32 gb 5c for a year and has 23 gb available. She has few apps and not many songs. I use a 16 gb iP 5. I've had it since August of 2013. I have 4.7 gb available.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

popengchan

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys for the input. Really helped a lot. But how big is the latest OS? Why do i read some articles that people were not able to update their iphones as the OS update is that big and is not for the smaller capacity versions of iphones?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why do i read some articles that people were not able to update their iphones as the OS update is that big and is not for the smaller capacity versions of iphones?
It's mostly people trolling for hits to their blog(s)... Apple has taken steps to make it easier to install updates - and one can always remove TV shows, movies and music from their device if space is needed to update - and once the update is done, stuff can be easily synced back to the device.

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys for the input. Really helped a lot. But how big is the latest OS? Why do i read some articles that people were not able to update their iphones as the OS update is that big and is not for the smaller capacity versions of iphones?

It depends on your usage. Do you use the camera frequently ? you listen to music offline ? You use lots of apps and play games ?

More storage is better if your budget permits. This is because you can take lots of 1080p videos, pics, install big games, install more apps, more music etc.

16GB phone is enough for Majority of the people but it needs more maintenance and management because there are chances that you will run out of space more frequently, So you must delete all the stuff you aren't using. If you use the phone more frequently, then you must sync or take backups more often.

Every week, there are more pics, more apps, more music etc. filling up the phone , So you must sync the phone every week or take backup. More space means you will sync less frequently and hence less maintenance.

I have 32GB 5s. I sync my phone once every 3 weeks for my usage. I sync my 64GB iPad like once every 3-4 months. I use my phone way more frequently than my iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR