Buying a new iPhone 7 Plus:)

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Three years ago I came back to the iPhone from owning several Android devices. I have told myself I will never go back to Android. Why? Simple really. If you have a problem there's the "Apple Safety Net" that you can call on to get support for your device. If you have a problem, it doesn't matter what it is, Apple Support is just a phone call away and if you need additional help there's always the Genius Bar in every Apple Store. Have a problem? Apple is there to help you.

You have no such "safety net" in the Android world. At best you have the flunkies in your carrier's store who will more than likely try to push you into buying a new phone instead of helping you with your current phone.

Second thing... updates. Did I mention updates? Yes, that is the biggest thing that I love about the iPhone. Guaranteed software updates! It doesn't matter where you are in the world or who your carrier is, you will get iOS updates the same day that everyone across the world gets it. No waiting for your carrier to decide to push the update or deal with a carrier who doesn't want to push it because they'd rather you hand over your hard earned cash to buy a new phone instead. You get none of that! You get guaranteed updates with an iPhone!

This ftw!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The only negative is you can't tweak so easily as an Android phone

One thing I experienced recently on my iPhone 7 Plus is that there were some photos I wanted to delete from my iPhone that were uploaded via iTunes and it was really irritating that I had to wait until I got home to connect my iPhone to iTunes to delete the photos. I should be able to do that right away without having to go through iTunes.

Other than that, you made a great choice, OP.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I went exclusively iPhone when the 6 released. I'm currently using the 7 Plus. I have little intentions on going back to Android although I peek every now and then. I'm invested in the eco-system. I've got the iPads and the watches and AppleTV. I like how everything talks together. I'm not a tinkerer anymore either. I used to enjoy rooting and customizing and modifying my device. Which is why Android made sense. But now I just enjoy using my phone. And for that, the iPhone suits my needs well. It's not the most advanced OS out nor is it, in my opinion, the most feature rich. But what it offers it does it in an amazing way. The camera is, in my opinion, the top camera out. The battery life is excellent and I can easily get through a full day. The apps are polished and refined. The OS is stable with little issue. The speakers are solid. My family and the majority of the people I talk to are also on iPhones so iMessage is key (as is FaceTime). Overall it's a great phone and I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it.

Welcome and enjoy.

James Cagney

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am about to shift to iPhone 7 Plus from S7 Edge, but the only thing stopping me is the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus. If anyone can give me tips in how to manage the charging time of iPhone 7 Plus, then I may switch.

And how do you guys cope up with the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus? Isn't 3 hours too much?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I am about to shift to iPhone 7 Plus from S7 Edge, but the only thing stopping me is the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus. If anyone can give me tips in how to manage the charging time of iPhone 7 Plus, then I may switch.

And how do you guys cope up with the lengthy charging time of iPhone 7 Plus? Isn't 3 hours too much?

Do you sleep? Charge overnight :)

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Charge time is about the same depending on the charger(I use a higher amp charger). I switched back to the iPhone after trying the s7 edge for 7 months. Plus a 50% charge will get you through the day.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 7 plus has the best camera available in a smart phone. There is never any drag or hanging up when switching apps. I have had mine for about a month and absolutely no problems at all. Battery is good for almost 2 days.

mattkerwin24

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
WOW! Thank you all for the bits of advice and descriptions! Really appreciate it! I now have the confidence to enjoy my new phone!!!

Did you get it yet? How are you enjoying it?

Also when you were with Samsung devices, were you a phablet user or did you use a smaller form phone? Just wondering how you like the big size as well.

sumin626

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I didn't buy it yet:)soon It'll be in my hands, but I've gone to shops and I really adored it! My original phone is the galaxy s6.

sumin626

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site

I currently have a galaxy s6, and it's been used for about 18 months now, and it has been so laggy since after 1 year. Don't know why, but the charging speed gets faster and faster and battery dies only when I use it for about 4-5 hours. The battery goes out really fast after months, and I bet the s7 will too. My brother has an iphone 7, and he usually charges it when he's sleeping. However, I have to charge my phone almost everytime I use it to prevent it to die when I'm outside. I have had this same problem with all my other samsung phones. DON'T RECOMMEND GOING BACK TO SAMSUNG.(however, it's just my opinion, and maybe most of the other people here).

Maybe ask your question in a separate thread so that you get more advice:)

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Have had my 7 Plus for several weeks now and have experienced zero problems. It is my first large screen phone and it is impressive. The camera takes very good photos and videos and it is the perfect size to watch streaming video or read online magazines. I moved to the iPhone from BlackBerry several years ago when the 4s was released and have never looked back.

EMostafa

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey, iPhone 7 Plus is the best phone, best battery, best camera, best screen, the fastest speed and wifi, the best use of the app..sorry I'm a iPhone fan, hah

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I am using a Samsung phone right now and looking to switch to the iPhone 7 Plus. Seeing those pictures of the new Samsung S8 really looks sweet how easy was your transition to the iPhone 7 Plus

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Coming from galaxy s7 edge, you can rely on the iPhone. After years on android that's something that one can appreciate.
And everything said here before.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I am using a Samsung phone right now and looking to switch to the iPhone 7 Plus. Seeing those pictures of the new Samsung S8 really looks sweet how easy was your transition to the iPhone 7 Plus

I had every Samsung phone since the first Galaxy S (Vibrant) and the iPhone 7 Plus is my first iPhone. My only regret is not switching sooner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox