Buy the Iphone 7 or Wait for the iphone 8 / Iphone 7s?

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Do you think its too late now to consider buying an iphone 7/7 plus or Should I wait for the iphone 8/ 7s in september?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I know that I'm in the minority, but I'm a firm believer in getting what I want now because tomorrow isn't promised. I like to live and enjoy today and let tomorrow take care of itself. I say go for it, but thats just one opinion among many. Good Luck with YOUR decision.

krislord

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I’d wait unless your current phone is broken.

Even if you wanted a cheaper model like a 6S, waiting 3 months will get you significantly better pricing.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I think at this point, you might as well wait to see what the iPhone 8 has in store. After all, there are only three months left until it's officially revealed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that I'm in the minority, but I'm a firm believer in getting what I want now because tomorrow isn't promised. I like to live and enjoy today and let tomorrow take care of itself. I say go for it, but thats just one opinion among many. Good Luck with YOUR decision.

I’m in agreement with Spencerdl. Get what you “need” now, but if you don’t have a need for it at this time then go ahead and wait to see what Apple offers in the fall.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Because pricing will surely be better in three months on a 7/7+, and I'd want to see what Apple's new offerings are going to be, normally I'd be inclined to wait. But Specerdl brings up a very good point. If you really need something now, go for it.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have bought a and sold 3 x 7 plus and 1 SE and now a new 7 in the last few months, there is bargains available now for 7 series if you look around.

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
At this time of the year if will say wait, New iPhone will be out less than three months, + it's special anniversary model who wanna miss that!

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I surprised myself last weekend by picking up two 7's 128gb for my wife and I. I'm coming from a 6s and she is coming from a 6. When the 7 was released there wasn't enough to impress me into upgrading. I just figured I would wait until the 7s /8 is released and keep an eye on the rumours. Then the 7 went on sale at a great price for only $130 for the 128gb and the colour I wanted. (I was tired of looking at my white faceplate gold 6s and longed for the black faceplate of my 5s). When Bell offered me a $30 a month reduction in my monthly family plan, I couldn't turn it down. I figure that by selling our 6 and 6s I would get a nice return since they are still in excellent shape and under AppleCare+ for a few months. I might even use this extra cash to upgrade my iPad Air 2 to the 10.5 pro, but I'm not decided yet.

No regrets here, as I'm loving the camera upgrade in low light conditions and speed bump. Mostly I'm loving the new Matte Black finish.

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I think its still absolutely a great purchase. The 8 will come with the usual bevy of shortages making it very frustrating to obtain. Apple products also produce some pretty good longevity, so the purchase of a 7/+ should last you for a while into your contract cycle while still being very viable!

Best of luck!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just took advantage of AT&T's iPhone 7 BOGO. Traded my 64GB silver 6 plus for a 128 GB rose gold 7. The large screen was great but I never got comfortable with the size of the "phone". Happy camper!

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I always get the latest device as soon as it comes out. However if the new device doesn't have Touch ID I will wait until apps I use update their apps. I hate typing in passwords and would hate to loose that. As much as I hate waiting for the new device I would this time around. Touch ID for logins is way more important to me. But if it has it I'll definitely upgrade asap.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy