Buy 27inch imac 5k retina now or wait?

thomasliveshere

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I don't know whether to buy a 27inch retina imac now or wait a few months.

I've heard that Apple may be updating their imac line? I'm not familiar with all the details so if someone could help me out that would be great.

I'm willing to max out the specs and spend a lot of money on this imac so I want to know the best time to buy. I would be pretty annoyed if I spend thousands of dollars maxing out the latest 27inch retina imac and then an updated version is released later this year.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion it's not like a iMac that is released later this year will blow the current top of the line iMac out of the water.
It may have a higher spec processor or the new Thunderbolt. Even doing Pro Audio,Video or Photography the current iMac would still be more than adequate vs a potential new iMac.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion it's not like a iMac that is released later this year will blow the current top of the line iMac out of the water.
It may have a higher spec processor or the new Thunderbolt. Even doing Pro Audio,Video or Photography the current iMac would still be more than adequate vs a potential new iMac.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
This. Your machine is only going to be top-of-the-line for so long but we won't tell anyone there's a faster model if you won't.

from Elegance

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If your concern is having the latest and greatest then you probably want to wait until the Fall. By waiting a few months you could either get the latest and greatest or the current iMac 5k at a great price. iMacs have been stuck on Intel's haswell processors for a few years. Intel's skylake processor will be out (biggest update in years) and included in the next iMacs. These iMacs will also include thunderbolt 3 (within usb-c).

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I would wait until usb-c or a method of being able to use the monitor with other devices. And the next processor should be a more significant upgrade. Barring that, I'd simply go with the base model discounted at best buy or something. Besides, there's crap all over the internet about the maxed out version throttling due to heat with i7 and upgraded video card.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen