Buy 11 Pro Max?

nocaldawg

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
Hello iMore. Note 20 Ultra user here. Samsung is not standing behind their product and I'm thinking about moving to Apple. What normally happens to older iPhone models when the new model is announced........do they discount or pull them all and direct folks to the new phones? Appreciate any insights from folks who know the iPhone market. Thanks

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Hello iMore. Note 20 Ultra user here. Samsung is not standing behind their product and I'm thinking about moving to Apple. What normally happens to older iPhone models when the new model is announced........do they discount or pull them all and direct folks to the new phones? Appreciate any insights from folks who know the iPhone market. Thanks

Apple usually discontinued the Pro series from online and carriers and authorized sellers who still stock discount the devices.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

They don't normally give major discounts on their phones like Samsung does. But Apple (to me) last longer without the issues later down the road. The 11 pro max would easily last 4-5 years, but with 5G coming out the urge to upgrade may be soon than later. I normally get a new iPhone each year at release, this year I was thinking about keeping my pro max. I'm gonna watch the event today and see if the 12 pro max will come with pro motion refresh and what battery life to expect. I know 5g adds to battery drain and right now the 11 pro max last me a solid day of usage with added juice into the next day. If the 12 pro max can offer at least a solid day of battery then I'll most likely upgrade bc I do like the iPhone 5 design.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to find an iPhone 11 Pro Max discounted about $100 from places like Verizon and others. While they last. Apple won't make them anymore.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They don't normally give major discounts on their phones like Samsung does. But Apple (to me) last longer without the issues later down the road. The 11 pro max would easily last 4-5 years, but with 5G coming out the urge to upgrade may be soon than later. I normally get a new iPhone each year at release, this year I was thinking about keeping my pro max. I'm gonna watch the event today and see if the 12 pro max will come with pro motion refresh and what battery life to expect. I know 5g adds to battery drain and right now the 11 pro max last me a solid day of usage with added juice into the next day. If the 12 pro max can offer at least a solid day of battery then I'll most likely upgrade bc I do like the iPhone 5 design.

You're basing the battery drain on Samsung tests. The new iPhones may not see the same battery drain with 5G. Or not as much as Sammy. Time will tell.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am disappointed the 11 pro is being dropped. Also pro Max. I have only had the pro Max a few months. This tells me that soon it won’t get updates. This is an expensive phone !

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I am disappointed the 11 pro is being dropped. Also pro Max. I have only had the pro Max a few months. This tells me that soon it won’t get updates. This is an expensive phone !

They’ll still support it and update it. The iPhone X was dropped after the Xs and Xs Max came out and it’s still getting updates. Same when the 11 pro and 11 pro max came out. The Xs and Xs max got discontinued.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If my 8+ is still getting updates, I'm certain that the newer models will get updates for the next several years!

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site

You have an Apple device youre good for years to come!!!

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Just buy the 11 pro max. I've had mine 12 months now. There's no way I'm getting rid of it for at least another 3 years.

Probably my favourite iPhone having owned everyone since the iPhone 4.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just buy the 11 pro max. I've had mine 12 months now. There's no way I'm getting rid of it for at least another 3 years.

Same it’s a great phone, granted I get android envy but I’m good with the iPhone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Yup, I said same thing and I'm currently using a 12 Pro Max...LOL . The flat/squared edges of the 12 series definitely makes a difference to me and my 12 Pro Max surpasses my all time favorite iPhone (5s).

With that being said, the 11 series iPhone is still an awesome iPhone and should get plenty of updates in the years to come.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have my 11 pro max for a little over a year now and love this phone. love the battery life and the screen size for watching videos. the speaker is loud enough but not overly loud for a phone speaker but can still hear even in open spaces. im moving to the 12 pro max soon only because im getting a phone line for mom and passing this phone for her which I know she will love and my dad have the 11 pro max also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen