Browsing/scrolling question

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I just exchanged my BlackBerry for an iPhone. Not sure if I'm happy with the trade yet, but it's such a different device that I'm settling in and giving it a fair shot. My first question is this: when I am browsing on Safari or reading some e-mails, I can reverse-pinch to make the text big enough to read, but then I have to move the page all around to read the text. It's enough to make me dizzy. Surely this is not the way it was intended? How do I get the text to fit on the screen without all this manipulation? Similarly, the text on some Web pages (eg Google Reader) is microscopic, and I can't find a way to increase its size. I feel certain Apple wouldn't have neglected this: can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, but it's tiny. There is no way to get the text to be the size you want AND fit on the screen (like on a BlackBerry)?

Galley

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Most text on web pages is contained in tables. Double-tapping on a block of text will cause that text to fill the screen, depending on how it's contained in the table.

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
megscd,

Unfortunately the iPhone browser works differently than other smartphones. On many other smartphones you can setup the browser to "fit to screen" which collapses all of the columns into one long page to reduce the left-to-right scrolling. The iPhone's browser doesn't have this functionality.

What the other have said here is true. You and pinch or double-tab to enlarge a "table" area of the page only.

I hope that this helps,
Dave

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice