Broken iPhone 5

jcqb15

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I had my iPhone 5 for 2 weeks before I broke the screen, best buy black tie has taken 12 days to fix it and still isn't done. Anyone else having this problem.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I had my iPhone 5 for 2 weeks before I broke the screen, best buy black tie has taken 12 days to fix it and still isn't done. Anyone else having this problem.

Sorry about your experience. I buy some items there, but I would never buy their warranties or take anything there for service. Karen was correct. They suck.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I bought my mini there and they told me the coverage now is for a replacement instead of a repair. I still didn't get it though. Sorry about your phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why people suggest 9 times out of 10 getting Apple Care + over any of the other types of warranties available to Apple products...when you go somewhere else for "service", you cannot expect the kind of service you pay for when you buy an Apple product.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Crud. How much a month

It's a one time $99 fee. Covers you or 2 years including extending the warranty. It is a $50 deductible per incident but do the math with Black Tie. The BB warranty is crap and more expensive. Apple would just give you another device on the spot.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Does AppleCare cover user problems like drops?

Just a point of clarification:

Apple has two extended warranty products: AppleCare and AppleCare+.

WIth the release of the iPhone 4, Apple introduced AppleCare+ for the iPhone which does cover accidental damage (2 replacements max at $49/each). AppleCare+ is only available on the iPhone and iPad.

The standard AppleCare does not cover accidental damage, but with the introduction of AC+, I don’t think you can get the standard AppleCare for the iPhone/iPad any longer.

The only thing that AppleCare+ does not cover that some third party insurance does is loss or theft of your device.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a one time $99 fee. Covers you or 2 years including extending the warranty. It is a $50 deductible per incident but do the math with Black Tie. The BB warranty is crap and more expensive. Apple would just give you another device on the spot.

Plus, with the BB Black Tie service, you have to deal with Best Buy. With AC+, you get to work with Apple. Huge difference.

KRHanson

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
i found a smashed iphone 4 (i thinK) I was able to get the sim card out of it, which is a telus card. Can i put it in another phone to determine the identity of the person who likely owned the phone so i can return it or at least give them the chip? Or is there another way to get info on the sim card?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i found a smashed iphone 4 (i thinK) I was able to get the sim card out of it, which is a telus card. Can i put it in another phone to determine the identity of the person who likely owned the phone so i can return it or at least give them the chip? Or is there another way to get info on the sim card?

Possibly if the sim had numbers stored on it

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear. I have had BB warranty for a digital camera and a HTC EVO a few years back. Both products I had problems with and both times I had major problems with BB honoring the accidental damage plan I had. They grill you, treated me hostilely about the camera, and sent the phone for repair 3 times and still never fixed the damaged screen. A huge joke, I cannot stress enough for no one to get the over priced plans there.

Then go to apple, it is all "what can we do for you, here you go, hope you like it." Painless

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: Best buy game me a new 32gb iPhone 5, cuz they junked mine out, lol only took 3 weeks

IMO, for the money you pay, 3 week turn around time is ridiculous. At least you finally got it taken care of.

Also, make sure that they register the plan to the new phone. I had that happen also, paid for the plan, went to use it, and they claimed I didn't have it for that phone. Turned out that they never registered the replacement phone to the plan when they swapped it. Took a couple of weeks to sort that out.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner