Bought my 6S+ 48 Hours ago

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Bought my 6S+ 48 hours ago and so far I like it.

I have an iPad mini and Mac Book so the learning curve isn’t too steep.

I have been an Android user for the past 7 years or so and figured I would try something different. I have a S7 Edge and a Nexus 6P, both of which I plan on keeping because I like them both for different reasons. I figured I would swap between these and my 6S+ for a while.

After this short of a time no way to say there’s a clear cut winner, doubt there ever will be because all 3 of my devices “just work” LOL! Other than my first Android phone that I rooted and flashed custom ROM’s on I have never experienced the dreaded lag I constantly hear about. The only crap Android device I have ever had was the Nexus 7 first generation tablet but only after installing Lollipop on it.

Anyway a couple of observations of things I like and don’t like about iOS in the phone version.

Things I like:

1. How snappy and fluid it is.
2. Simplicity in setting everything up.
3. Easy to import Google contacts.
4. How strikingly similar in physical characteristics it is to my Nexus 6P.
5. Battery life is a little better than my S7 Edge, about the same as the 6P with the Android Nougat beta 5 installed.

Things I miss but don’t necessarily dislike, not deal killers.

1. Ability to move my 2 rows of icons down to the bottom of the home page or any other page for that matter.
2. Widgets! Not really sure I understand why Apple can’t add a feature to put widgets on the pages.
3. Flashing LED for messages etc. The hearing impaired LED isn’t the same.
4. No hangouts SMS notification alert. I haven't figured out yet how to download and install one. Then again this is an iPhone damn it! Use the iOS alerts LOL!

There isn’t anything yet that I have found that makes me want to run screaming back to Android. Both systems are great in their own ways.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone! I sure love my 6s+

I'm considering to get a Nexus 6P, I've always been curious on how stock Android feels like compared to TouchWiz which I dislike.

You should check out iOS 10!

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone! I sure love my 6s+

I'm considering to get a Nexus 6P, I've always been curious on how stock Android feels like compared to TouchWiz which I dislike.

You should check out iOS 10!

I think you would find the 6P to your liking. It's as vanilla as iOS. No carrier bloatware.

As for Touchwiz it's much better than it was a couple of yrs ago. I normlly install either Google Now or Nova Launcher anyway so don't deal with it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I think you would find the 6P to your liking. It's as vanilla as iOS. No carrier bloatware.

As for Touchwiz it's much better than it was a couple of yrs ago. I normlly install either Google Now or Nova Launcher anyway so don't deal with it.

I might just wait out for the next Nexus

Looking forward to trying out stock Android!!

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Thought I would add the 6S+ is the same physical size as the 6P but it's much easier to handle. Not sure why.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Hey man. Ive been an apple user to an android user and now I love both. Have both. For the things you dislike;

Yes it's a shame you can't move icons to wherever you want. Theres no explanation for it. It is dumb and there is no other way to put it.

As for the widgets, I did find most of them in the appstore. Ive set all of them up in my today view in notification centre. And soon with iOS 10 they will be at left most screen like the dashboard feature in Oneplus or the Google now screen on a nexus.

Other than that, while I do think that the battery life is amazing. Charging takes a dumb amount of time. I'm sure you would've noticed this too coming from an S7 edge. I have one too.

Secondly, a file system is.. I mean.. Come on Apple? Introduce a subtle file system to access pdfs, music or anything we want. Why is it so difficult for them to provide us with that?

Customisation is something I knew I'd be giving up. I love it. But i thought I'd give apple one more try. Widgets made up for that lack of it.

Camera, display, built and battery life is what makes me love my iPhone 6s plus. Charging times, lack of a file system and quirks like 'not being able to add ring tones, icons to wherever we want, and absolutely horrible support for third party keyboards' just make me scratch my head a bit. All they allow is adding third party keyboards. And they can't even do that right. The animations suck on the third party keyboards. Apple forces us to use their keyboard to enter passwords. I guess they reeeeally want to know our passwords. And after updating the keyboard app, the phone deletes the keyboard all by itself. Forces user to go into settings and add it again.

Anyways. I love android. Not Samsung though. I hate Samsung. Samsung isn't android for me. Samsung is Samsung. I love Apple for their hardware. I love both platforms. And i think they're increasingly converging day by day.

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I find myself liking both as well. I've found some of the widgets in the app store as well. Battery life is excellent, better than my edge. Charging time does suck in comparison. The only thing I really dislike is the difficulty to upload new text tones and other files. A flashing notification LED would be nice as well :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I find myself liking both as well. I've found some of the widgets in the app store as well. Battery life is excellent, better than my edge. Charging time does suck in comparison. The only thing I really dislike is the difficulty to upload new text tones and other files. A flashing notification LED would be nice as well :)

Congrats on the new purchase. You can turn on LED for alerts in Settings / General / accessibility

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro