BMW’s $80 CarPlay Subscription. What are your thoughts about it?

Jorge2912

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
is ridiculous pay for use carplay in a car is a car multimedia system is not a spotify type service , BMW thought that can do their business model similar to netflix but is mistaken , maybe for europeans the multimedia systems or plug the phone to the car for expand multimedia and safety when driving is a luxury but in America those systems currently is a must and like all electronic device is a function that is on factory installed . is like pay just for plug your phone on a ford multimedia system on a fiesta or mustang and pay again monthly for something that you paid as a feature of the car and is yours and free to use as you want. frankly is ridiculous .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: BMW has reversed the way it offers CarPlay which was via subscription. Those who currently have Wireless CarPlay in their BMW will continue to have it free of charge, and those who had it free for the initial year and have opted not to pay the subscription will have the CarPlay feature reinstated at no cost. Per BMW, it will take 8 to 10 weeks for CarPlay to reappear in the iDrive system of those who let the subscription lapse. How do I know this? I was notified via email on December 17th by BMW and I called to verify that the email was indeed legit.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2