Bluetooth issues?

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got a new car and am trying to connect my phone to the stereo system trough Bluetooth. I'm able to pick up the car stereo and connect to it, I'm also able to stream from the music app to the car's stereo, but when I try to make a phonecall it just goes completely mute and even though te phonecall counter keeps going, there is no sound. Once I got it to ring but then the sound disappeared after one ring.

About my phone: Verizon 4.2.6 jb with greenpoison. It makes me think that since I can stream music that maybe it's either a Verizon or a jb issue? Don't think it's a hardware issue with my phone? I also was able to hook up a AT&T non jb iPhone 4 and that make phonecalls no problem. Did anyone ever go through a similar issue or seen a solution somewhere that they can point me to?

Thanks in advance.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got a new car and am trying to connect my phone to the stereo system trough Bluetooth. I'm able to pick up the car stereo and connect to it, I'm also able to stream from the music app to the car's stereo, but when I try to make a phonecall it just goes completely mute and even though te phonecall counter keeps going, there is no sound. Once I got it to ring but then the sound disappeared after one ring.

About my phone: Verizon 4.2.6 jb with greenpoison. It makes me think that since I can stream music that maybe it's either a Verizon or a jb issue? Don't think it's a hardware issue with my phone? I also was able to hook up a AT&T non jb iPhone 4 and that make phonecalls no problem. Did anyone ever go through a similar issue or seen a solution somewhere that they can point me to?

Thanks in advance.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your probably never going to get it to work correctly. I see this problem every year with iPhones not working in cars.. its more then likely nothing to do with your hardware or jailbreak.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your probably never going to get it to work correctly. I see this problem every year with iPhones not working in cars.. its more then likely nothing to do with your hardware or jailbreak.

So you're saying it's completely random? Sometimes some iPhones pair well with a stereo system and some don't? is it a Verizon version issue vs AT&T? There has to be some sort of reason behind the issue.

4lando

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 4S and also attempted to program through my vehicles OEM system, the issue
is that it accepted it but everytime I get in the vehicle, I have to manually enable the bluetooth setting on
my phone. I previously had an Andriod prior to my iPhone and never had this issue. Is this something
random with the iPhone 4S.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
there should be a tab in your settings where you can enable bluetooth all the time. mine is always on the notification bar and just goes gray if i'm not in the car, connects automatically as soon as i get into the car and start it up.

btw, i had to get a brand new phone, i believe the other one had a defective bt radio, that's the only explanation i can come up with.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods