Bluetooth issues while using edge?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I own an Acura TL and use bluetooth to make and receive calls while I'm driving. My iPhone 3GS pairs and worked fine using bluetooth until about a month ago when I started having issues staying connected to my Acura. What would happen is that the phone would pair when I entered the car (there is a phone icon that lights up when a phone pairs). Unfortunately, almost always when I attempted to place a call via bluetooth, the call would begin but within the first couple of rings, the bluetooth would disconnect. I had better luck receiving calls but there were times when for no reason the bluetooth would disconnect. I went to the dealer but they couldn't find anything wrong. They even replaced the bluetooth unit just to be safe but I still was having the connection issues intermittently. My wife owns a Droid and didn't have any issue connecting to the Acura so I thought it was the phone. I brought my iPhone to Apple but they couldn't find anything wrong and said it had to be my car. I even search a bunch of forums (like tipb) but couldn't find anything that worked for me. I was about to give up and just stop using bluetooth when one day all the calls I made and received had zero connection issues. At first I thought it was coincidence until it happened the next day and the day after that and so on.... It wasn't until about a week or so later until it happened again but this time I figured out why.

In an attempt to save battery I started to turn off 3G. At first I didn't anything of it until a week or so later when one day I just forgot to turn off 3G and that's the day I had zero issues with my bluetooth. I've since been able to make and received all calls as long as I don't turn off 3G. The strange thing is that if I'm in an area with 3G I still seem to not have an issue.

I'm posting this so if there is anyone else out there with a similar issue hopefully this will help you out.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73