Bluetooth in the Car

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So, TiPb...

I've got a 1997 Chevy Malibu. It has a cassette player. Is there any way to connect via bluetooth?

When I had my blackberry, they sold a device that you could plug into about anything and connect via bluetooth and play music through it.

(YouTube - BlackBerry Remote Stereo Music Gateway Demo Link if you need to know what I'm talking about)

My question is: Are there any devices like this out there for the iPhone? I've done some poking around and I haven't found anything. Basically what I'm looking for is some way to connect to my car stereo via bluetooth, with only a cassette adapter and a car charger. Any suggestions, oh wise iphonatics?

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Motorola T505 bluetooth speaker phone. It has an FM transmitter that will play your bluetooth audio through your car stereo via a FM station. I've had it for about three years now and it still works great! I know that there are other brands out there that make something similar.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Look at the BlueAnt Supertooth series of hands free devices. They're compact and hang from your sun visor. Excellent sound and no need to fool around with changing FM radio station.

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I plan on looking into the Motorola T505, though it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

For the BlueAnt Supertooth, I'm looking for something to play music in my car through the car speakers. While a great solution for talking on the phone maybe, it's probably not quite as powerful as the sound my car can generate. Although, that's not to great to begin with so maybe I'm giving my Malibu a little too much credit haha.

There's no little nugget I can connect to my cassette adapter and connect to it with my phone? I thought surely if Blackberries had it, the iPhone would have something twice as good! :p

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I plan on looking into the Motorola T505, though it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

For the BlueAnt Supertooth, I'm looking for something to play music in my car through the car speakers. While a great solution for talking on the phone maybe, it's probably not quite as powerful as the sound my car can generate. Although, that's not to great to begin with so maybe I'm giving my Malibu a little too much credit haha.

There's no little nugget I can connect to my cassette adapter and connect to it with my phone? I thought surely if Blackberries had it, the iPhone would have something twice as good! :p

Is this what you are looking for?
Monster iCarPlay Cassette Adapter 800 for iPod and iPhone - Car cassette adapter

Rolf

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the not-so-speedy reply. I already have a cassette adapter. I'm looking for an iPhone equivilant of the device I linked.

I want to walk out to my car and connect via Bluetooth, without having a Bluetooth enabled car. This thread shows me that such a device does not exist for the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW