Bluetooth Icon on iOS 12 Betas

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
You think guys that *missing Bluetooth icon is a feature for ios 12? Dev beta 6 still missing the icon.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With iOS 12 Bluetooth is on by default.

Apparently Apple felt the need not to show the icon for that.
You only see an icon where it used to be if Bluetooth is actively used by an accessory.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think it really should be shown,as far as I remember Bluetooth eats your battery.

That’s not entirely true.
You’ll maybe have 15 minutes less usage time because of Bluetooth and that’s a big if.. Bluetooth nowadays uses very less battery, compared to years ago.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m using Bluetooth too many times to justify disabling it. And I still get 8 hours of usage time with 16 to 20 hours standby.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no need to use it so don’t, I suppose they’ve fixed the visibility aspect as well....

I have an Watch so turning off Bluetooth is not even an option for me. Also, I use AirDrop too often, so it’s only convenient to have BT enabled.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Give it back Apple. I like the look of it and like to know when my bluetooth is on of off....MEH

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you show me some screenshots? Because I tried connecting it to bluetooth speaker and still no icon.

You’re totally right. The Bluetooth icon is missing on my iPhone 7 Plus, too.
I had this also happening with the alarm clock icon. A restart fixed it.
But the Bluetooth icon didn’t appear when I just now restarted my device.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on what you have connected. My cheap Walmart earbuds will report battery life on the upper right corner and show a connection where my speaker doesn’t. Probably just depends on what the manufacturer of the Bluetooth item wanted.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I think it depends on what you have connected. My cheap Walmart earbuds will report battery life on the upper right corner and show a connection where my speaker doesn’t. Probably just depends on what the manufacturer of the Bluetooth item wanted.

So that icon isn’t really gone right?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
No it’s only gone when you don’t have anything connected. Well I take that back. I have my car connected to it right now and it isn’t showing an icon. It isn’t gone DEPENDING on what you have connected I guess is how that should be said

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
No it’s only gone when you don’t have anything connected. Well I take that back. I have my car connected to it right now and it isn’t showing an icon. It isn’t gone DEPENDING on what you have connected I guess is how that should be said

Guess I’ll get used to it.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
It must have to do with what version Bluetooth is connected to the iPhone.
The car stereo didn’t show an icon whereas my AirPods did show an icon.
Either it’s totally random, or that.

I messaged someone from Twitter and he said that Bluetooth icon never disappeared from the status bar. He’s using ios 12 since the first beta.