Bluetooth Disconnecting/Graying Out

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Fitbit Charge 2 connected to my iPhone 6s via Bluetooth. For some reason, since this morning, I've been noticing connectivity issues. This happened once before, but it sorted itself out. I suddenly realized that my Fitbit somehow connected itself to my iPad instead, which it never did before (it was always grayed out on that and searching for devices). I turned Bluetooth off on the iPad and then it automatically connected to the 6s. However, a couple of hours later, I'm having the issue of the Bluetooth graying out whenever I leave the room. I left the room for a few seconds a little earlier and it happened. I'm able to connect again by pressing on "Not Connected" under Bluetooth in the iPhone's settings, but it still grays out each time I leave the room without the phone. It's so frustrating!!! I don't think it's anything to do with my updating to iOS 10.3.2, either, since I noticed the problem before updating earlier. Actually, I thought updating might fix this.

I reset the iPhone, but that didn't help. Haven't done a hard reset yet, but that's next on my agenda. Anyone have similar problems? Any suggestions?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
What's the Fitbit battery level?

45% right now, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I've had this Fitbit since January and it's been correctly connected to my iPhone even when the battery is low. It was fine all yesterday. I just tried to reset it on my Mac, but the Bluetooth is still acting up. The weird thing is that every time I turn Bluetooth back on on my iPad, it's connected with no problem.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
What's the Fitbit battery level?

45% right now, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I've had this Fitbit since January and it's been correctly connected to my iPhone even when the battery is low. It was fine all yesterday. I just tried to reset it on my Mac, but the Bluetooth is still acting up. The weird thing is that every time I turn Bluetooth back on on my iPad, it's connected with no problem.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The reason I asked was because I've seen bt devices act that way when the battery was low.

Interesting, I never knew that could happen. Then again, I've only ever used two Bluetooth devices. The other one before this Fitbit was my old Fitbit Charge (that one never gave me Bluetooth issues on my phone).

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So... No tips at all? Does no one have issues like this with their iPhone's Bluetooth disconnecting when a device is connected?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So... No tips at all? Does no one have issues like this with their iPhone's Bluetooth disconnecting when a device is connected?

I don't have a Fitbit and don't have trouble with any of my BT devices with my phone (well, sometimes my Garmin watch acts up, but it always gets solved by toggling BT off on the phone and swiping the Garmin app away, and that happens maybe once or twice a year in my experience.)

But the only thing I can think of - why do you have a pairing with both your iPhone and your iPad? I'd delete the pairings from both, (I don't know anything about FitBit devices, but also delete pairing info from there as well, if you can), and then recreate the pairing only on the device that you plan to use it with exclusively - presumably the iPhone. Having pairings on multiple devices just seems like a problem waiting to happen.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a Fitbit and don't have trouble with any of my BT devices with my phone (well, sometimes my Garmin watch acts up, but it always gets solved by toggling BT off on the phone and swiping the Garmin app away, and that happens maybe once or twice a year in my experience.)

But the only thing I can think of - why do you have a pairing with both your iPhone and your iPad? I'd delete the pairings from both, (I don't know anything about FitBit devices, but also delete pairing info from there as well, if you can), and then recreate the pairing only on the device that you plan to use it with exclusively - presumably the iPhone. Having pairings on multiple devices just seems like a problem waiting to happen.

Thanks. The thing is that technically, the Fitbit is only actually connected to the iPhone, although I use the app on both devices. I guess if I put Bluetooth back on my iPad and it shows up as paired (still don't know how it paired because I only paired it with my iPhone), I can try your advice and remove it from there.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Fixed my issue by clicking "Forget This Device" on Bluetooth on my 6s and then by readding the Fitbit. I turned off Bluetooth on my iPad and other iDevices, so all is good now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods