Bluetooth - 7plus stutters playing via car radio

mrtugs

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I didn't seem to find a thread talking about this (apologies if I missed one), but: I've heard about some problems with the iPhone 7 pairing with car radios, but has anybody else had actual playback issues? I have been using bluetooth with my car radio since iPhone 4, then with the 5, 6+ and 6s+, and I've never had a problem with the audio stream. However, since moving to the 7+, I now get relatively frequent interruptions to the audio as it stutters and breaks up as it plays. I'm hoping this is a software issue (e.g. prioritization of the bluetooth streaming process versus everything else that's going on) but I've not pinpointed a culprit yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experience ANY Bluetooth-related issues, either while paired to my car or to a Bluetooth headset or speaker.

mrtugs

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Out of curiosity (since there are two plus models), are you each on the Verizon/Sprint model or the AT&T/TMobile one? I'm on AT&T. Again, unlikely to be related, but...

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a watch out other by device paired? If so I would try to un pair it and see if you still have a problem

mrtugs

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I will certainly try that. I have the problem even when the watch isn't in the car (e.g. if I forget it and leave it at home!). However, I did get an odd message for a while telling me that it could only connect to one accessory at a time, even though the only accessory was the car radio :-/

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
It's an OS10 issue with car stereos. Many manufacturers have acknowledged the problem and hopefully Apple will fix it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's an OS10 issue with car stereos. Many manufacturers have acknowledged the problem and hopefully Apple will fix it.

Thankfully, the problem is nonexistent with my iPhone and car stereo system. Hopefully, for those of you who experiences the problems, a fix, whether from Apple or the makers of your car stereo systems, will be forthcoming.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, the problem is nonexistent with my iPhone and car stereo system. Hopefully, for those of you who experiences the problems, a fix, whether from Apple or the makers of your car stereo systems, will be forthcoming.

The car stereo makers shouldn't have to do anything. It's iOS10 that botched it up. It worked perfectly with every other version of iOS. Apple needs to fix it. It's the only device I have that has Bluetooth connection problems with my stereo.

mrtugs

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
The car stereo makers shouldn't have to do anything. It's iOS10 that botched it up. It worked perfectly with every other version of iOS. Apple needs to fix it. It's the only device I have that has Bluetooth connection problems with my stereo.

The only thing is that in my case, I installed iOS 10 on my 6sPlus and had no problems; I only had problems when I moved to the iPhone 7, so maybe (in some cases at least) it's iOS 10 in combination with the iPhone 7 hardware. I dunno. It's driving me crazy though (no pun intended).

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The only thing is that in my case, I installed iOS 10 on my 6sPlus and had no problems; I only had problems when I moved to the iPhone 7, so maybe (in some cases at least) it's iOS 10 in combination with the iPhone 7 hardware. I dunno. It's driving me crazy though (no pun intended).

Weird. I saw the problem on the very first beta of iOS10 with my 6S Plus, and it's been there ever since.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting it as well. I read somewhere it's tied to the GSM radio and the bluetooth interfering with each other somehow. My wife's CR-V is just fine, but my TSX cuts in and out to the point where it's more than infuriating. If Apple weren't to address it, I would consider moving on to a different device.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I only see the issue when I first get into the car. It stutters for a few seconds then it goes away. But the Pixel that I had did the same thing. So I'm not going to worry about it. And it only does it when it automatically connects. If I manually connect the Bluetooth it doesn't have that issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice