bloatware

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its a very good deal. Carriers can't force apps that you may not want, or those that you can't uninstall or disable.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its a very good deal. Carriers can't force apps that you may not want, or those that you can't uninstall or disable.

True, but over the years, there have been a plethora of Apple apps that, arguably could fall into that category. Those that quickly come to mind are GameCenter and Newsstand.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I hear you there. Relatively speaking, Apple's own apps could be considered bloat to a degree. I'll take that over carrier and OEM bloat on Android.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The only bloatware on an iPhone is the Stocks.app. Anybody who would use it are already entrenched in other apps. I could agree with Newsstand HankAZ because the proper support from the publishers is just not there(I wish it was and wish it would in a year or two).

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Bloat ware are just unwanted apps that just take up memory, correct?

My next question is can we delete any unwanted bloat ware on iPhone?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Bloat ware are just unwanted apps that just take up memory, correct?

My next question is can we delete any unwanted bloat ware on iPhone?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Not the Apple supplied apps. The best you can do is to hide them in a folder somewhere on your device. There might be some jailbreak tweaks to actually remove them, but, alas, there is no jailbreak (yet) for anything beyond iOS 7.1.2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro