BlackBerrry text messages to iPhone4s?

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean to archive them? Or to transfer them to the new phone to pick up where the conversation left off?

To archive them, just do a backup. However, bb backups are encrypted and you'll have to pay for 3rd party software to read it. Or you can buy an SMS exporter and save them to your sd card in a .txt file.

As far as transferring them to the iPhone, I'm unaware of any way to do it... Easy or otherwise. But my assumptions lead me to believe that if apple won't let any developer take over SMS to run a 3rd party app, why would they allow the injection of SMS into their native app?

Reactions: SBulla5510

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From what i understand there are apps on blackberry that allow back ups of text messages, once you do that, i remember reading a DIY somewhere that showed how to transfer that backup to an iPhone, but you'd have to google to find it...Im pretty sure you'd have to have the blackberry backup first though.

At any rate...are you trying to transfer some ungodly amount of SMS's? If not, why not just forward them?

SBulla5510

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
From what i understand there are apps on blackberry that allow back ups of text messages, once you do that, i remember reading a DIY somewhere that showed how to transfer that backup to an iPhone, but you'd have to google to find it...Im pretty sure you'd have to have the blackberry backup first though.

At any rate...are you trying to transfer some ungodly amount of SMS's? If not, why not just forward them?
Yes, ungodly number!:eek:

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a BB and will be moving to the 4s soon and found an app that was talked about on the main page called BerryMover, it is not free but it is worth it when moving to the light side from the dark side.

DJ

Last edited:

SBulla5510

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
BerryMover app sounds like the exact solution I'm seeking. I can let Exchange sync my emails, contacts, calendar and use BerryMover to move my text messages (huge number) and tasks via a selective backup of the BB. If it all works as described, I am a very happy camper. If not, you'll hear me whining here! :)

Thanks to all who have responded!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro