Black to White iPhone 4

basketball762

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I am a long time reader of this site but have never got around to signing up for the website. Anyways, I currently have a black iPhone 4 ATT model and I sadly need to take it into Apple due to some issues it is having (all of the issues are my fault but it doesn't matter because I have a warranty through squaretrade who is going to reimburse the cost to replace the phone through Apple). Anyways I really want an white iPhone and I have always wanted one but because of the delays when they released the phone I was unable to do so. My question is, can I request a white iPhone when they replace my phone since I am paying Apple to replace it (I believe it costs $200 which square trade told me). If this doesn't work then what is my other option? I have been looking into companies that do black to white iphone conversations though, I can't/don't know legit companies to do this. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can request anything you want...whether they give it to you is purely up to them. I had an issue with my iPhone 4 right when the white model came out earlier this year (it wasn't really an issue of big concern, just the same old home button complaint)...i figured i could go in and get a replacement in white...they simply replaced it with a another black one (after i requested a white one), stating that they had to replace the phone with the same model i returned.

I've read that some people have been given the luxury of swapping out colors...i've even heard people bringing in 3GS's and getting iPhone 4 replacements under warranty. As far as consistent or guaranteed results...there are none, because it just depends on who you talk to and if they want to do it.

The conversions would be your only guaranteed option...and at that point, is it really worth it?

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Apples policy is "like for like", meaning they will NOT give you a different model. I had a friend that worked there and he's told me their system won't even give him the option. So you'll get the exact same model (what you're paying is the out of warranty replacement fee, not the full price for a new phone which would of course give you the option of picking whatever you want).

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I can attest to that like for like policy. When I switched out a bad iPhone 4 I had over the summer I asked for a white one thinking it would be no big deal. I was told the computer has them listed differently and you can't switch colors. I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard, to be honest. I mean, it's a color.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Apples policy is "like for like", meaning they will NOT give you a different model. I had a friend that worked there and he's told me their system won't even give him the option. So you'll get the exact same model (what you're paying is the out of warranty replacement fee, not the full price for a new phone which would of course give you the option of picking whatever you want).

+1 Apple is just Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh