• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Black & Slate or White & Silver

Which Awesome iPhone color!

• Total voters

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the white. I didn't really care either way because I'm a case person.

Right now it's in a white case but I think I'm gonna go shopping for a new one this weekend.

iDom74

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
When I reorder, it will be White :D have now seen a few black / slate iPhone 5's and they seem to mark a fair bit. White less so.

So yeah - White!

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh my, you poor things still haven't been able to get your hands on it?!
Black & Slate is awesome man. Makes me feels so classy and awesome!
White & Silver I saw it. It's pretty awesome too. Just that I prefer darkness to vibrant for this. xD

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
For me the only colour is black. Went to the Apple Store in Glasgow today and had a play with it. It looks gorgeous and is soo light and fast, even on Wifi. I will put an order in once my funds are a bit more permitting. Was sceptic about the size but all not that bad.

Black for me. Although the white/silver one looks nice. But I consider that a woman's phone colour :D

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I usually like my electronics to be White. But this time, I think the Black/Slate looks so much better! HOWEVER, had to go white/silver because of so many people complaining about scratches with the black one.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Walked into Best Buy today and BAM!, there were two 32GB iPhone 5s available. Was really trying to decide white or black but in the end, decided on black...

footmatix

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
black-slate 16 GB since last week

took me about a week to get my hands on one, finally succeeded at Best Buy...would I have wanted a white one, I could have had one the day after launch....it's clear that in my city (Montreal, Canada) black is beautiful....

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I had a 16GB black one on launch day, but then I immediately realized I needed more memory I wanted the 64 but those were all gone so I chose a 32 GB one and had to wait a few days for it (AT&T) and its white thats all they had. I just exchanged my black 16 for a white 32 and I really liked the black one but the white is starting to grow on me a bit it looks great in the black otterbox

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I went to my Verizon store and looked at the iPhone 5. They had both models on display, and I was so impressed with both units. I was however particularly impressed with the black. It looked and felt unbelievable. I already have a buyer set up for my Galaxy III, so I walked out with my beautiful black/slate iPhone 5 with 64 gig!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Can't wait to finally get my white iPhone. I have been waiting for three weeks so far! I have already received my white leather case with lime green interior from Vaja cases. The wait is driving me crazy!

RNCCRN9706

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I got a Black/Slate iPhone 5 64GB at Verizon this am. Had ordered an white one online but figured I would try my luck at a Corp. Store and cancelled the online order. I was in luck. They had several black phones in stock. He said usually the black is hard to come by but when they got their shipment in last week, the white ones sold out ASAP. I'm happy with it! Can't believe how light it is!!

Nibbz

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm going white, need a little light in my phone. Had a black 4S before this.
Really like the white model this year. The aluminum looks nice plus is less likely to chip paint. It just seems sleeker to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01