biteLiquid - Black Transparent biteSMS Theme

nyexcuse

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've just purchased this theme (along with BiteSMS) and have attempted to fix some of the issues mentioned in this thread, such as the Default Contact photo, the Back Buttons and the issue with the Send Button that occurs when your message is more than one line long in the BiteSMS app..

Could I get some guidance?

I have attempted to fix the Contact Photo issue in iFile, but the same 'Liquid' Default remains.. And I cannot find a file to replace the Back Button with in iFile,
Photo Feb 12, 13 31 45.png
Photo Feb 12, 13 33 44.png
Photo Feb 12, 13 32 45.png

Cheers!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ok so from ifile, it should start you in /var/mobile/ from there choose library, so now your in /var/mobile/library/ from there select bite themes
so no we are in
var/mobile/library/bitethemes/ select bite liquid then from there chatkit
you will end up in
var/mobile/library/bitethemes/bite liquid/chatkit
from there you need to find three files
Balloon_1@2x.png
Balloon_2@2x.png
Balloon_Blue@2x.png
those are the chat bubbles
baloon1 = green outgoing
baloon2 = white incoming
baloon blue = blue outgoing
you can either delete them, or even better just rename them by adding an x to the very end or very beginnig
like Balloon_1@2x.pngx
or xBalloon_1@2x.png
then open bite, go to settings, themes, and apply theme
when you go back you will have normal chat ballons instead of the "tubes"

just did this with success AND on the first attempt. lets make out?!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've just purchased this theme (along with BiteSMS) and have attempted to fix some of the issues mentioned in this thread, such as the Default Contact photo, the Back Buttons and the issue with the Send Button that occurs when your message is more than one line long in the BiteSMS app..

I have attempted to fix the Contact Photo issue in iFile, but the same 'Liquid' Default remains.. And I cannot find a file to replace the Back Button with in iFile,

i cleaned up the second post in this thread again, with much better explanations on how to implement the changes.
just follow the post, save images correctly (which i believe you have done already) and save them in the right location (which i didnt explain clearly before)

Yea - that might work. Is that an image to edit or something a little more difficult?

yes its the file names qc-shadow@2xpng in the var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid folder

Last edited:

creeched

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey so I got the theme for my iPhone 5, everything is awesome with it but when I go into bitesms and click on any contact, the background of the chat field is white, how do I make it black?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey so I got the theme for my iPhone 5, everything is awesome with it but when I go into bitesms and click on any contact, the background of the chat field is white, how do I make it black?

you enabled the theme?
sometimes you might need to enable it again.

creeched

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea I enabled it again, I tried switching to another theme and going back to it, and that didn't fix it. Is there anything you can suggest that I can fix with ifile?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea I enabled it again, I tried switching to another theme and going back to it, and that didn't fix it. Is there anything you can suggest that I can fix with ifile?

can you post a screenshot just so i know what were talking about?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
no it certainly isnt!!!
that theme isnt biteliquid though.

That icon at the lower left (to pull up the popup window) looks like biteLiquid—is it possible there's also a different theme running in Winterboard that is overriding parts of the bite theme?

creeched

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea I have the theme ayecon and I was thinking that would be the problem...I went into winterboard and there are several parts to the ayecon theme, one being "ayecon messages"...duh! Now I feel dumb lol, it works now that I took that off. Thanks!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That icon at the lower left (to pull up the popup window) looks like biteLiquid?is it possible there's also a different theme running in Winterboard that is overriding parts of the bite theme?

Yup.
I wasn't sure about the wheel thing anymore since its been sinking since I wasn't using liquid.?
So to me the whole thing looked foreign!
But if op has a decent "full" theme then it's possible and even likely that the theme is overwriting bites theme.

So, check out that aspect, see if you have a theme that contains a folder for messages.app and has folders jn that for Chatkit. And remove that, or rename so you can decide to go back if you want
Hate being late!!

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In that same info plist there is are the names if the balloons and the buttons. You should look up a hex color chart, then you can play with the TEXT COLORS INSIDE THE button.

I'm in the folders, but i'm a bit unsure of what file I need to look for exactly. All I want to do is change the incoming messages bubbles from other people to be a light greyish color with a standard black font color. Not sure what exactly I need to change and before I continue to drive myself crazy hopefully someone can help.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The bubble needs to be replaced for the color fix.
So if you have photoshop, or gimp, or an equivalent, pull the bubble from your phone from
Var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid/Chatkit
Using ifunbox, or ssh, or use ifile And email it to yourself. Fix the color to the color you want, then put it back, in that folder
It's named Balloon_2 @2x.png

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I have attempted to fix the Contact Photo issue in iFile, but the same 'Liquid' Default remains..
Cheers!

i cleaned up the second post in this thread again, with much better explanations on how to implement the changes.
just follow the post, save images correctly (which i believe you have done already) and save them in the right location (which i didnt explain clearly before)

For anyone having the Contact image problem, there are actually two places that image is stored (at least in the latest update):

save in this location, like the post says: var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid
But also:
save in this location: var/mobile/library/bitethemes/biteliquid/biteSMS

I'm sure 3cit will update the post again!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro