Between ipad and kindle, which is the best option for self publishing a non fiction b

lydia331

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am considering self publishing my non fiction book online (in order to save cost) but I need to choose between ipad or kindle. I do not know which one of them is the better option in terms of marketability, distribution, royalties, cost etc. Then again, is it possible to publish on both of them simultaneously?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Wider audience? Go with Kindle, then the books are available on all handheld devices that can use the Kindle app (covers both iOS and Android) as well as the Kindle itself. Apple's ebook store is limiting.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Wider audience? Go with Kindle, then the books are available on all handheld devices that can use the Kindle app (covers both iOS and Android) as well as the Kindle itself. Apple's ebook store is limiting.

Agreed. I just had a friend do what you are thinking about and he went the Kindle route. Remember Kindle App is for iOS, Android, etc. Larger audience.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your books content market falls in line with the kind of people that would be buying books electronically though, my friend recently e-published a book on classic car maintenance and literally made NO money, then published it as a physical book and started making an income on it...you really have to make sure the people who have e-readers of any sort are the kind of people who would want your book, or you're wasting your time with e-publishing.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I would say Kindle. I don't even use ibooks, mainly because its too large for an ereader (in my opinion, I used it on my ipad; I felt my iphone was a bit too small).

Another thing I really like with my Kindle is that its very easy for a user to find the free books, or less expensive books by new authors. I actually have had a lot of exposure to authors I would have otherwise missed out on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB