• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Beta 3 bugs and feedback

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
i havent seen this at all, but i have noticed the death grip becoming more pronounced. and this is in a full signal area, in an otterbox commuter case.

The "death grip" does seem worse with iOS6. Only thing is, how does software effect a hardware issue?

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't death grip solved with the 4s??? As in they moved the bands on the ariel strip, they added a switch mode where if you're holding a certain way it swaps the ariels around.

Might be wrong but I swear I remember something like this happening

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't death grip solved with the 4s??? As in they moved the bands on the ariel strip, they added a switch mode where if you're holding a certain way it swaps the ariels around.

Might be wrong but I swear I remember something like this happening

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

im using a 4. and yes, they messed with the antenna a bit in the 4S.

as for the hardware/software relation, the antenna (hardware) has to talk to the phones electronics using the OS.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Since beta 3 my App Store update page is blank even though it says I have update. Anyone else with this issue
Hi Buck1127; I've seen this issue on my iPhone 4S app store too. If It shows there's an update and you update that app, badge on app store icon disappears after update is made. However at any moment later it shows again making you believe there's another update when it isn't so.

I think it is because app store is being revamped for iOS 6 and it is normal while things get fixed and rearranged.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Febybabyboo08