BestBuy Mobile Screwed me!

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
For a while now I have noticed a bug on my phone where the battery would jump from lets say 24-16 just like that. I would be on safari and if i pull down the notification center menu my battery would drop a whole lot. I have a warranty with BestBuy and i figured id show them. Prior to going to BestBuy I called Rogers and got a case ID number deeming the phone defective. Bestbuy looked at the phone and after a while they said it's not defective because the percentage needs to drop 6% in 6 minutes (some next BS test). I went back home to restore everything back onto my phone and left it on the charger while iCloud restored my stuff. I came back and started to use my phone but when I took it off the plug, the phone shut off. I tried to turn it on but nothing would load on the phone. It would only turn on when I had a direct wall power source plugged into it (not even usb/itunes would turn it on). I took it back to bestbuy and they said they couldnt replace my 32gb iphone 4s because they didn't have it in stock. I had called before coming and they said they were getting a shipment but they never got it. Now I am stuck with a 16gb iphone when I paid for a 32gb iphone. I am just wondering if anyone things it worth taking this to Apple and seeing if they would replace my phone with a 32GB one.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I would escalate this up further. I don't think apple will give u a 32gb but it wouldn't hurt to try. Sounds like they really did screw u on that one

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no way I would have returned home with a 16 gig after paying for a 32 gig iPhone unless they refunded me the difference. Furthermore, I'm a big fan of going to the company's website, locating their customer promise or their satisfaction pledge, copying it and then pasting it in an email sent to both their customer service & their corporate headquarters, if available, along with the description of the problem and how the clerks failed to live up to the promise/satisfaction guarantee posted on the website. But hey, that's Just Me, D...;)

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
There is no way I would have returned home with a 16 gig after paying for a 32 gig iPhone unless they refunded me the difference. Furthermore, I'm a big fan of going to the company's website, locating their customer promise or their satisfaction pledge, copying it and then pasting it in an email sent to both their customer service & their corporate headquarters, if available, along with the description of the problem and how the clerks failed to live up to the promise/satisfaction guarantee posted on the website. But hey, that's Just Me, D...;)

Trust me you had NO IDEA how pissed I was. If I didn't have work I would still be there. The funniest thing was that their promise crap was right on the wall in store. I pay 14 bucks a month for their warranty but I was just really disappointed that they said they had 32 gb in stock and then denied it. I just expected more from them as I always use to say they were the "best" in warranty replacements.

mossyoak

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Agree with kch50428 your problem is not with Apple at all, by the sounds of it Best Buy has screwed you hard. I would def take this further than to be stuck with a 16gb after buying a 32gb. If you didnt get any money back by taking the 16gb then you got screwed! Keep us up to date in what you decide to do!

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I know the beef's not with Apple (which is why I didn't mention anything bad mouthing apple, only BestBuy) but BestBuy's management has been just horrible towards me and this is coming from a pretty tolerant person. I feel I have a better change of getting my moneys worth from an apple store compared to a BestBuy. I am trying to fix an apple appointment (hopefully tomorrow) and see what they have to say/do and if I have any luck on my side they will help me.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Get your 32 back from bestbuy and take it to apple they will take care of you

I highly doubt apple will take your 16 and give you a 32 .. They have no idea of knowing what you had of didn't

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73