Best way to sell/trade the 6+ for a 6?

cpolism

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
On our family plan (2 of us) with AT&T, my wife got the gold 64GB 6+. We got it about 45 days ago, and she now wants the 6. Unfortunately the 6+ is just too big for her, and I'm trying to figure out a way to do this. The payoff for the phone is something around $814 through AT&T, and I don't even know if it's possible to get that much. I figured selling it and then paying off the contract might be the best option. Then using the available upgrade for the 6. I have never done this before, so I figured I would see if there were any other suggestions out there.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd start by calling your local provider. They may have a trade-in or buy-back option.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my iPhone 6 on the next program and found someone on Craigslist with an iPhone 6 Plus and we met at an AT&T store to trade. I added $100 cash for the price difference between his and mine. AT&T didn't care. I'm still paying for the installment plan.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I agreed with others listing it for sale/trade. I'm sure you can find people on Craigslist looking to a trade. You can put your request and meet at a local ATT to be safe for both parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You can try the Marketplace for a trade or a sale. If you use Craigslist be sure to meet somewhere safe maybe at the local AT&T store.