Best way to clean the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleNovice

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Hey all,

I've had my X for roughly 4 months and I'm loving it so far, although I probably aint using it to its full potential!

Anyway, what's the best way to clean the device? I've currently been using a damp microfiber and I normally clean it once a week to minimise risk of scratches in case I come to sell the phone later. Is this the correct way?

Cheers

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I've had my X for roughly 4 months and I'm loving it so far, although I probably aint using it to its full potential!

Anyway, what's the best way to clean the device? I've currently been using a damp microfiber and I normally clean it once a week to minimise risk of scratches in case I come to sell the phone later. Is this the correct way?

Cheers

I wipe my iPhone 7 Plus off on my clothes to remove fat from the screen and from time to time I use a damp cloth to clean the rest.
I remove lint and dirt from the lightning port with wooden toothpicks.
I even had to rinse my whole device under running water because I dropped it in soup.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

This is exactly the way that Apple suggests cleaning the iPhone. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207123

I have some extremely dilute soap solution that was supplied to install one of those wet-apply screen protectors. When I need to clean my phone, I will usually squirt a bit on a microfiber cloth and use that to clean, with a dry cloth afterward to remove any moisture (there rarely is any - I don't squirt all that much.)

But - no matter which advice you get from me or others, I'd suggest to clean the way that Apple suggests.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

There are many ways to keep your device clean so follow the link above or do like many and wipe it clean with what you have

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
By the way, the Apple Store in my city apparently cleans the lightning port for free if you ask them to. You only need an appointment.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly the way that Apple suggests cleaning the iPhone. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207123

I have some extremely dilute soap solution that was supplied to install one of those wet-apply screen protectors. When I need to clean my phone, I will usually squirt a bit on a microfiber cloth and use that to clean, with a dry cloth afterward to remove any moisture (there rarely is any - I don't squirt all that much.)

But - no matter which advice you get from me or others, I'd suggest to clean the way that Apple suggests.

But that’s not really clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmb87