Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I just deleted Tweet Deck because of all the issues it still has, despite the "update" it got last week.

Still crashes, screen becomes messed up if the phone is tilted sideways, no landscape, etc...

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm using TweetDeck and Twitteriffic, but finding I enjoy TweetDesk the most. I started out using Tweeterfon but have stopped using it about a week ago when I started using TweetDeck almost exclusively.

Currently I only read tweets and don't comment often, still trying to get the 'feel' for it and understanding the lingo. :rolleyes:

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I just deleted Tweet Deck because of all the issues it still has, despite the "update" it got last week.

Still crashes, screen becomes messed up if the phone is tilted sideways, no landscape, etc...

Sounds like you may have had a corrupted copy perhaps, I haven't experienced any issues with TweetDeck (or any of the Tweeter apps I have tried). Apologize if I missed it but I'm wondering what you are using currently.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you may have had a corrupted copy perhaps, I haven't experienced any issues with TweetDeck (or any of the Tweeter apps I have tried). Apologize if I missed it but I'm wondering what you are using currently.

Maybe I did..

I was using Tweetie with it.

Since I got rid of Tweet Deck I re-installed Twittelator Pro to go along with Tweetie.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
I really like Twittelator Pro and TweetDeck, but both tend to run into memory issues on my 3G. I prefer Birdfeed out of the light and lean crowd, but I'm currently using Tweetie since it works with Boxcar to provide push notifications of @mentions and DMs. If I could either get Boxcar to work with Birdfeed or Birdfeed to just natively support push, that would be ideal.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iMuggle and I did a nice little comparison chart on some of the main Twitter apps available. You can see it here. Also wrote a few comments here.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I came. I saw. I posted. Nice reviews, too. I still like Twitterific Premium. Man, when that app gets Push, it's gonna rock, baby! :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been thinking a lot about push on Twitter and realized no app will provide more than Boxcar is giving now. I don't want all thousand follows pushing.

Unless, of course, an app offered selective follow push. For instance if I wanted to get push notification only for my 3 best Twitter friends. That might be kinda cool.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I don't want all thousand follows pushing.

That is one of the main reasons I am "stalling" on anything push right now. I want to see how everything as far as implementation shakes out.

I am with you Alli. I do not need my iPhone ringing or buzzing anymore throughout the day. If it buzzed everytime I got a Tweet or FB update! Oh my goodness! Talk about battery drain! The buzzing alone would kill it in an hour.:rolleyes:

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Twitbit works awesome. It has push notifications for direct messages and mentions. The interface is great. I've used Tweetie and now Twitbit. It was worth spending money all over again. :)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Alli brilliant idea! Albeit I'm using Twitbit at present (I have Boxcar / Tweetie, too) and so far so good.

They are about to release a new version with the RT option...

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I know this is a dumb question but I'm new to Twitter. What is that RT that I see on tweets? I never knew what that meant.