Best Password App

ogeneo

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I love LastPass on my browser, but I'm biased towards Ascendo DataVault.

So you are updating two platforms?

It sure is nice to never even consider "syncing" anything. I open LastPass on the iPhone or browser and it's always current.

I prefer to never "tether" my phone to sync stuff like Ascendo.

Living in the cloud!

Last edited:

c0rinne

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using lastpass since feb. and love it. I even converted my whole company to using it.

You should definitely try out the free version, but the paid ($12/yr) is worth it, imo.

itrix

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I been using 1Password for almost over a year now and it has not given me any problem. Definitely check out this app its definitely worth trying.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love LastPass on my pc - definitely makes my life simpler. But you need more than that. I liked DataVault so much I went to work for the company!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't trst any of them.

Besides. I keep track of my passwords eirther in my memory or in a word document that I have on my hard drive as well as on one of my USB flash drives.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Personal update here, we have updated DataVault for iPhone and iPad (and iPod Touch). It now supports sync to iTunes as well as syncing to the desktop through several webdav servers including MobileMe and boxnet.Try the trial and let me know what you think.

CstDskSol

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Best password app.

Check out My Geek Things.
It's a great app that lets you track not just passwords but info on your property. Hosehold or office equipment / inventories.
There's even a way you can sync the info back to your desktop computer.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Can you tell me what makes 1Password better than DataVault? Does it sync through iTunes or via MobileMe?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah... just bumped back into this forum. I own 1Password Pro and switched to LastPass several months ago and haven't looked back. Versions for all browsers, serious encryption, no "syncing"

Yes, they do charge an annual fee for their mobile version (1PW does by charging for upgrades)

Try LastPass in your browser and see if you like it, then pull the trigger on the mobile version.

Also, I'm not the only one singing it's praises:

Check their web site lastpass . com and the reviews section

LastPass is it. You need to hear the Security Now podcast episode dedicated to it and pay the monthly fee to really get the utility and value of the system.

Anton

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using passpack.com. They have a site optimized for the iPhone and they seem to crazy about security, in a good way :).

---

Earn money testing iPhone apps
workhub.com/appiration