Best older Macbook for the price?

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is any used macbook (can be pro or air) that would work well and is a couple years old. For example would it be worth it to spend the extra money on a 2010 instead of 2009?

I'm not looking to do any photoshop or anything, just one to try out, and perhaps take with me to school and stuff.

Thanks!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is any used macbook (can be pro or air) that would work well and is a couple years old. For example would it be worth it to spend the extra money on a 2010 instead of 2009?

I'm not looking to do any photoshop or anything, just one to try out, and perhaps take with me to school and stuff.

Thanks!

A 2010 MBP is a decent choice right now. They can be had fairly cheap ($300-400 in nice condition) and if they do not come with an SSD, you can have that upgraded fairly cheap. I bought some 2010 MBP's a couple of years ago and upgraded the hard drive and RAM in them. They are still really decent machines and I will still get a couple years use out of them. Plus I do a lot more on them than you plan on doing.

So yes, they are worth looking at over a 2009. You will get more life span out of it.