Best mail app

oldpos

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I get lots of email on my iPad Air, both work and personal.

I use the Mail app that came with my iPad for private and the Gmail app for business use, that way things are neat and sorted.

I love the Gmail app which give an alert immediately email is received. The Mail app does not do that, only gives the alert when I open the app.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another app out there similar to Gmail that I can use to get these instant alerts.

Sangathegame

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I do like the Mail app that came with the iPad, but will have to check out the Mailbox app. However, syncing up 5 email accounts again won't be fun...

claygraffix

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip on the Mailbox app, going to give that a try. I also use the default Mail app for work and the Gmail app for personal.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Mailbox app is limited to gmail. I like Boxer & CloudMagic best. However, Microsoft Outlook is quickly becoming my go-to email app.

Wildleaf

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I use "myMail" on tablet and phone. It quickly collects all the letters from all mailboxes and there are no problem with synchronization. It allows you to go on links in the letter without opening the browser. At the moment, for me it's the best.

On my Mac I usually use "AirMail 2".

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Mailbox app is limited to gmail. I like Boxer & CloudMagic best. However, Microsoft Outlook is quickly becoming my go-to email app.

I been test driving Outlook for while and it's replaced Mailbox on both my iPad and iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yanvsk

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I get lots of email on my iPad Air, both work and personal.

I use the Mail app that came with my iPad for private and the Gmail app for business use, that way things are neat and sorted.

I love the Gmail app which give an alert immediately email is received. The Mail app does not do that, only gives the alert when I open the app.

Am I doing something wrong or is there another app out there similar to Gmail that I can use to get these instant alerts.

The Microsoft Outlook app for iPad and iPhone is quite good. I never liked the default mail app...and I've had issues with notifications as well.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I like Spark a lot but notifications are way too slow! The notifications badge doesn't work at all :(

Last edited:

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I like Spark a lot but notifications are way too slow! The notifications badge doesn't work at all :(

I contacted Readdle, the maker of Spark. They explained that the way their email fetches messages and uses the badge-count differ from the likes of Oulook. They also promised to have a functional badge in the future. I can't say I understand their answer but, regardless, until the badge-count works I'm not drinking this email's koolaid.