Best mac for musicians on a budget?

I

iMore Question

Hey guys, I plan on getting my first mac as I'm a musician and want to take advantage/use Logic Pro X.

If I had no budget constraints I'd obviously get a Mac Pro, but I don't want to spend too much. That's not to say I'd get a sub-optimal mac though.

I was thinking about getting the 2.6Ghz Mac Mini, mainly because if I also get a wireless keyboard, magic mouse, and applecare plan, and then by a non-apple monitor and webcam, it'll still be less $$ than if I buy a refurbished iMac with the applecare plan.

Any recommendations on why I should get an iMac instead? Like I said, being cheaper isn't everything, but if the Mac Mini can do pretty mch everything an iMac can do, I don't see why I shouldn't get one. That's not to mention buying a mic, Apogee guitar interface, iRig keyboard, and of course Logic itself etc., so I definitely want to save where I can.

Thanks!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Mac Mini will work great with what it seems you want to do. If you can, get the highest ram configuration.
You should be go to go with the Apogee Jam.
Getting a iMac is good also but not essential. It all depends on what you want to do.
A iMac may give your studio more options and room to grow. But I believe the Mac Mini can get it done.
I'm not sure if a 7200rpm drive is a option for a Mac Mini. If it is you may want to consider that or a external 7200rpm for recording on running the Logic X session on the 7200rpm. You can do it on the Mini internal even if it's slower it just depends where you want to go growth wise with track counts. Not having a 7200rpm drive is not a deal breaker but in future if you need it you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen