Best Jailbreak for iPad 1 5.1.1 Photo Album

BuckSkinRider

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
My first post here.
I do not know the lingo nor anything about iPads; this is my first iPad ever.
The reason I am here is that:
1. My main purpose for this old iPad is as a portable photo album.
2. I stupidly allowed iTunes to update from 4.2.1 to 5.1.1
3. After this update, I lost about all of the usefulness of the iPad and it no longer has access to Camera and DCIM now only displays as an empty folder in Windows Explorer.
4. Changes to the photo collection made in iFunbox are not visible in Photos, the only access button I have to my pictures.
5. After the devaststing update to 5.1.1, my only access to adding to my photo collection was via Sync in iTunes
6. Yesterday, thinking it might give me some more usability, I signed up for an Apple ID.
7. Numerous attempts to sign-in to iTunes with my new Apple ID have failed with various warnings.
8. Whether it has any bearing or not, immediately after creating the Apple ID, on three different computers, iTunes gave me a pop-up warning that iTunes would no longer Sync my iPad; so, I have lost my only means of maintaining my photo collection.

All of which is why I am here.

All I want is to turn this iPad into a portable photo album with Windows Explorer access and also install a few games for a six-year-old to enjoy.

I will never access the internet, never receive or send e-mails, the only thing this iPad will ever be used for is photos and children's games.

Is there a JailBreak that will allow me to USB-connect this device and manage my photos in Explorer ?

I had high hopes for iFunbox, but nothing I do in iFunbox reflects in what I can actually see on the iPad.

Which JailBreak would be best for me ?

Sorry for so much information.
Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
First of all, hello and welcome to iMore! I can't answer your question about jailbreaking because I have never done this to any of my devices. There is a slide show capability in the stock photos app on the iPad. If that's not to your liking, there are many other photo apps in the App Store that may be what you're looking for.

There are all sorts of Parental Controls that you can set up to make it difficult for your child to download apps, and change your settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro