Best HomeKit light bulbs 2022

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this! I've been wanting to get some home-kit compatible bulbs... now I have some much needed information!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I had nothing but issues with Nanoleaf bulbs and home kit. Delays or wouldn't follow voice commands at all. Had to go back to Google Home.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of getting some nano-leaf bulbs, but now I may reconsider. Haven’t had any trouble with HomeKit at all. Everything integrates so well to HomeKit. I have friends who try to mix HomeKit with Alexa and Google and have tons of trouble with everything playing nice.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting some nano-leaf bulbs, but now I may reconsider. Haven’t had any trouble with HomeKit at all. Everything integrates so well to HomeKit. I have friends who try to mix HomeKit with Alexa and Google and have tons of trouble with everything playing nice.

Nano leaf bulbs with HomeKit looks fine. Apparently if you have an HomePod mini it’s actually faster.

https://youtu.be/4ZpeJrZguvA

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nano leaf bulbs with HomeKit looks fine. Apparently if you have an HomePod mini it’s actually faster.

https://youtu.be/4ZpeJrZguvA
I should mention, for me, it was using them with Siri/HomePods. If I turned them on/off or adjusted them with the app, they worked well.

I would tell Siri to, for instance, "turn off livingroom lights". Sometimes it worked and other times I would get about a 5 second delay, then Siri would say "just a moment" and then a few seconds later would, hopefully, turn them off.

It all works via wifi and I've had no problems with Google but their Home and voice ecosytem is far advanced over Siri.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I should mention, for me, it was using them with Siri/HomePods. If I turned them on/off or adjusted them with the app, they worked well.

I would tell Siri to, for instance, "turn off livingroom lights". Sometimes it worked and other times I would get about a 5 second delay, then Siri would say "just a moment" and then a few seconds later would, hopefully, turn them off.

It all works via wifi and I've had no problems with Google but their Home and voice ecosytem is far advanced over Siri.

Don’t really know how you set yours up, could be user error. HomeKit and Siri work great for me, especially with automations set up.

Nanoleafs bulbs operate over Bluetooth or thread, no idea how you set up yours with wifi.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Don’t really know how you set yours up, could be user error. HomeKit and Siri work great for me, especially with automations set up.

Nanoleafs bulbs operate over Bluetooth or thread, no idea how you set up yours with wifi.

HomePods work on wifi. That's how you tell them what to do.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You said it all works over wifi, the nano leaf bulb uses Bluetooth or thread. Depending on which protocol is used you get different results.

I own them. I know how they work. I was speaking about my experience using them with Siri and the HomePods.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox