Best free texting app

Gaidin43

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So I pay 20$ a month to att for unlimited texting. Most of my texts go through iMessage now and the other < 300 texts I send a month are sent via my carrier.

My question is what is the best text app that will make it so I don't have to pay for texting at all? I want to drop my 20$ unlimited texting plan and use a third party app that still uses my real phone number. However when I search for apps and such they all look like scams or something alone those lines.

Any suggestions?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
If you're with AT&T look into that voice and messaging plan. They have\had one that was X minutes of voice a month and UNLIMITED text!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I use WhatsApp...it is .99 but well worth it, uses your actual phone #, can still send pics/video/voicenotes and its quick like BBM was before I converted! ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMessage for your friends with iPhones, iPods and iPads and probably Google Talk/Voice for the rest.

Just Me, D

Gaidin43

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
When you port your phone through google voice it uses your real number for texts? Are you still charged text message fees by your carrier? Or is it all done over data?

TalkingDeer

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
When you port your phone through google voice it uses your real number for texts? Are you still charged text message fees by your carrier? Or is it all done over data?

As far as I know, porting your real number will make it use your real number for texts as well. Texts made with google voice are done over data

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookie