Best double album ever?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...85% of this website won't have a clue what you're talking about!

That said...it's hard to argue with the list you put up Spirit, but to add one that is a bit more recent, Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness", amazing double album.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Being a Led Zep fan, Physical Graffiti gets my vote out of that list. Still have my copy on vinyl complete with all the original inserts showing the cut out windows.

I also love the following double albums :-
Nine Inch Nails - All of them. And Trent has done six double albums I think (one quadruple album 'Ghosts I-IV')
Einst?rzende Neubauten ? Strategies Against Architecture II
Metallica ? Binge and Purge and also S&M
Iron Maiden ? Live After Death

I've tried not to include compilation albums as that's cheating, but I have included a couple of live albums as obviously the songs will have a different feel when played live to teh studio versions.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Being a Led Zep fan, Physical Graffiti gets my vote out of that list. Still have my copy on vinyl complete with all the original inserts showing the cut out windows.

I also love the following double albums :-
Nine Inch Nails - All of them. And Trent has done six double albums I think (one quadruple album 'Ghosts I-IV')
Einst?rzende Neubauten – Strategies Against Architecture II
Metallica – Binge and Purge and also S&M
Iron Maiden – Live After Death

I've tried not to include compilation albums as that's cheating, but I have included a couple of live albums as obviously the songs will have a different feel when played live to teh studio versions.

Live After Death would be my second choice. Dickinson's voice on Run To The Hills, is outrageous!!!;)

dcnpatience

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Genesis Three Sides Live

Pretty much the soundtrack to my college years, as I couldn't be bothered to take the cassette (yes) out of my Aiwa walkman (yes).

I've since acquired several of the physical vinyl albums, but the continuous listen (the Aiwa would play both sides of the cassette automatically) trumps flipping the vinyl.

Still have every note permanently imprinted on my consciousness, and that's good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switch TV ON