• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Best Cases?

linshine0

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a few, but my favourites are the Switcheasy Rebel Touch and the Otterbox Commuter. Both look great, and don't add much bulk. Both are 2 piece cases, with an inner skin and and outer polycarbonate shell.

The Otterbox is the best in terms of combination of offering protection while keeping the bulk down. Only down side is the silicone skin portion. Like all silicone cases, it tends to pick up dust and can be a little flimsy.

The Switcheasy's inner skin is made of polymer, which doesn't pick up dust and is less flimsy than silicone. But the polycarbonate outer frame is like a spine, so it doesn't sit flat on a table (the touch will rock side to side). Also, it leaves the entire front face open, where as the Otterbox leaves just the screen, camera and light sensor exposed.

Thanks.Any way.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I won a free iPhone case from a news editor I follow on Twitter! And it's my favorite case so far. The Incipio Step (in red and gray) for the iPhone 4.

I love this case. It feels great in my hand, looks great, and offers excellent drop protection without bulk. It also is made of molded TPU, and I don't think it'll tear or elongate over time like silicone cases do.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman