Best Buy Preorder Thread

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Who else ordered from Best Buy? I clicked preorder with 2 seconds of button going live and completed check out in less then 2 minutes with an expected in store pick up of Nov 3rd. I actually work in mobile department at Best Buy I ordered from so anxious to see how many we actually get!
ff6331f6371a070b75583b1c3dc768d6.jpg

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I ordered from Best Buy because they were the only ones still showing an 11/3 pick-up date. **fingers crossed**

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Never tried any other store besides Apple. There were a lot of issues from the other forum ordering through Apple because that’s where most people go to. I got lucky and was able to do Store pick up on Nov 3rd but there are so many people in the thread who got frustrated. Maybe I’ll try Best Buy next time.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Who else ordered from Best Buy? I clicked preorder with 2 seconds of button going live and completed check out in less then 2 minutes with an expected in store pick up of Nov 3rd. I actually work in mobile department at Best Buy I ordered from so anxious to see how many we actually get!//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171027/ff6331f6371a070b75583b1c3dc768d6.jpg

I’m surprised at the success stories involving career and 3rd party preorders. I went with Apple this year due to issues with AT&T last year.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I’m always hesitant with Best Buy for preorders of highly demanded devices. It just seems they probably request a certain number but don’t know exactly how many they are actually going to get on launch day until they get them. And then you have to wait for them to call you to schedule a time to pick up the device. And sometimes that call never comes, on launch day.

My experience has been the pick up orders have to go to the mobile section. So it’s not like you can just go to customer service and pick up there. No, you had to actually sit with someone. Maybe they have tweaked this process but I will probably always have these reservations with them.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got mine through Best Buy too. I had so many issues with Apple and BB was showing 11-3 delivery. We'll see if it works out. I'm cautiously optimistic.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I got mine through Best Buy too. I had so many issues with Apple and BB was showing 11-3 delivery. We'll see if it works out. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Glad to hear you got one. I got mine on Verizon's site it was a piece of cake with a 11/3 delivery. So excited!

As far as applecare goes, I kinda wanted to do the iphone upgrade program with Apple for the X but their site got way too overloaded for me so I grabbed one while I could on VZW. Can I buy applecare separately?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you got one. I got mine on Verizon's site it was a piece of cake with a 11/3 delivery. So excited!

As far as applecare goes, I kinda wanted to do the iphone upgrade program with Apple for the X but their site got way too overloaded for me so I grabbed one while I could on VZW. Can I buy applecare separately?

Yeah you can. I got mine through Best Buy. But you van contact Apple products go into a store and get it added after the fact. I hope my Best Buy order actually comes through on Friday like they claim. The Apple website was a cluster for me.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah you can. I got mine through Best Buy. But you van contact Apple products go into a store and get it added after the fact. I hope my Best Buy order actually comes through on Friday like they claim. The Apple website was a cluster for me.

Ok awesome. I also always wondered how the Apple Care worked with the IUP. They factor it in to the monthly payment, but what if you upgrade every year? Then you only would have paid for half the Apple Care coverage?

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
My question has anyone who preordered through BB not showing an 11/3 delivery or pick up? Online it’s now showing soonest ship date is 11/10 so that kinda gives me some hope

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I ordered one today but my ETA shipping is 11/15. Do you guys know if Verizon version is universal one again? I am on cricket wireless and I still went for Verizon model.

rvbball89

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
New user here but longtime reader. I ordered 2 silver 256gb verizon Xs and both say November 3rd delivery as well. Although my gf got the color she wanted i would love to trade mine in for space gray if possible. I considered ordering but the wait is now going until mid December

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I just realized that Best buy pre-order is charging extra $100 more for iPhone X 256gb model. It's $1149 in apple store but Best buy is selling it for $1249. I just cancelled my order :(

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just realized that Best buy pre-order is charging extra $100 more for iPhone X 256gb model. It's $1149 in apple store but Best buy is selling it for $1249. I just cancelled my order :(

I believe that’s only if you buy at full price... monthly payments are same as carriers.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe that’s only if you buy at full price... monthly payments are same as carriers.

I got mine through BB on the AT&T payment plan and it’s the same as if I went through AT&T or Apple. It’s just the full price. I believe it’s to deter people from buying at full price. Best Buy gets money from carriers, I believe, for each phone bought on their plans through Best Buy.

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I got mine through BB on the AT&T payment plan and it’s the same as if I went through AT&T or Apple. It’s just the full price. I believe it’s to deter people from buying at full price. Best Buy gets money from carriers, I believe, for each phone bought on their plans through Best Buy.

That is correct which is totally understandable considering they will only have limited quantities although I believe they do it for almost every phone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner