Best Buy is selling them Right now and have instore pick up for the morning

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Update from BestBuy so I am canceling my order:

The excitement for the release of the iPhone 5s and 5c was definitely huge this morning; it was all over the news as I was driving in. I can understand your disappointment that your order was not fulfilled.

Due to the demand for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, we are currently only able to fulfill preorders in most of our stores. Unfortunately, placing an order on BestBuy.com is not a guarantee that the order will be fulfilled. The first email you get is simply a confirmation email that we have received your order. You can review the Conditions of Use for BestBuy.com here for more information on our order process.

At this time, the best option that I can present to you would be to sign up for our waiting list for when more phones become available.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

Sincerely,

Bill
Social Connections and Innovations
Community Connector

Wow... speaking of blowing chunks... this is just wrong... sorry to hear it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can understand having to wait for the 2nd email that states your order is ready for pick up. However, for BB to just give those ones away before the customers who ordered the 5S could get to the store and pick it up is just flat out wrong. The whole reason for waiting for the second email was for BB to check on their supply. If the store wasn't able to fulfill those preorders from their online site, customers should not have received the email telling them their order was ready for in-store pick up.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro..

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear people had issues picking up their online orders from last night. Mine was no hassle and was waiting for me when I went in at 5pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
If Best Buy wasn't going to hold back the iPhone that I ordered at 12:00 am, then they should NOT have charged my credit card for it. I called Best Buy and was told that they have had hundreds of calls about this problem all day. They had no resolution whatsoever. I just can't believe that they took my money, and then sold my device to somebody else. So, now I am out the money and have no phone to show for it. Such BS. I officially hate Best Buy now.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I understand y'all's frustration and I'm not speaking on behalf of the company I work for, I'm just saying we were selling phones so fast that our inventory system wasn't able to be updated accurately. We would be dry at one point and it would still say we had phones in our system. That's why the error kept taking place, the online stock wasn't properly in sync with the pace that we were moving boxes in store.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I understand y'all's frustration and I'm not speaking on behalf of the company I work for, I'm just saying we were selling phones so fast that our inventory system wasn't able to be updated accurately. We would be dry at one point and it would still say we had phones in our system. That's why the error kept taking place, the online stock wasn't properly in sync with the pace that we were moving boxes in store.

Not sure that is either accurate or helpful. The fact remains that these guys bought their phones (ordered them, and offered payment which was accepted by Best Buy) over night when the stores were closed and there were no walk-in customers in the store purchasing them off the shelves, so to speak. Those orders should have been filled PRIOR to selling the first phone to a walk-in customer... because they were sold and spoken for before the walk-in customers were in the store.

If you (the Best Buy corporate "you", not you personally) want to do pre-sales or online sales, you need need to be stand-up about it. If you'd rather to sell them to the walk-in customers, that’s fine too. But don’t play both sides in the game and screw those who played by the rules. This is even more egregious for some who aren’t flush with cash. By taking their payment and then not delivering the goods, Best Buy effectively took them out of the market completely until such time as Best Buy refunds those ill-gotten payments. By then, some of these customers won’t be able to find the new models in stock anywhere, and now have to go to the end of some other retailer's queue.

Shame on you, Best Buy, shame on you. And before you dismiss me as an angry jilted customer, let me say, I got my phone because my local Best Buy didn’t act as irresponsibly as other Best Buys did.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's how it went down, 8a we opened and sales associates and warehouse workers alike were trying to operate amongst the madness. Somewhere along the way, as boxes began to be moved to customers who were in line, our system count would still recognize these boxes as being checked in. Meanwhile, when warehouse would come to pull the boxes for online order, they would see in our system that the boxes are there, and then when they get to our department and check physical count the stock is gone out the door.

I agree that some customers were put in a unfair situation and it did look bad, I agree. Call it irresponsibly handled, call it uncoordinated, we just got blind sided with limited stock and a decent turn out of eager iPhone users.

It was simply a matter of bad timing between floor associates and warehouse employees in coherence with the stock we had on hand and how quickly boxes were being moved.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Here's how it went down, 8a we opened and sales associates and warehouse workers alike were trying to operate amongst the madness. Somewhere along the way, as boxes began to be moved to customers who were in line, our system count would still recognize these boxes as being checked in. Meanwhile, when warehouse would come to pull the boxes for online order, they would see in our system that the boxes are there, and then when they get to our department and check physical count the stock is gone out the door.

I agree that some customers were put in a unfair situation and it did look bad, I agree. Call it irresponsibly handled, call it uncoordinated, we just got blind sided with limited stock and a decent turn out of eager iPhone users.

It was simply a matter of bad timing between floor associates and warehouse employees in coherence with the stock we had on hand and how quickly boxes were being moved.

Thanks for explaining...

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for explaining...

No problem and like I said I definitely understand the frustration, I would be pissed too. And that explanation wasn't on behalf of the company, but that's what caused those mix ups in our location in particular, I would imagine it was the same for other stores. Our few customers who ran into this problem were understanding and we were able to work things out. I hope this doesn't leave a permanent bad rep for customers. I know a lot of good employees, myself being one, who truly do care about the greater good and satisfaction of the people we serve. For our team in VA, that's always our focus and what we strive for, our passion is in getting the best solution for our customers. I hope everything gets worked out for you all! Cheers and thanks for reading.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to upload the pic yesterday...VZW Gold 64GB
su8asypa.jpg
udy3epa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm just reading the rest of the thread and I hate so many people seem to have issues with Best Buy. the way they chose to run things is unacceptable and for them to think that an apology via email will make it all better, makes me even more ticked off. There should have been some sort of consolation for this issue in the form of nice gift card and a guarantee that those affected will have dibs on the next shipment of 5S's.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon store just lost a sale today. I walked in and asked if they had a 32 gig 5s. Instead of simply answering the question they wanted to know if I was a new customer or upgrading and wanted to check my account availability before just saying yes we have it or no we don't.

So I went across the street to Best Buy. Walked in, waited about 30 minutes and walked out about 1 hour later with what I wanted - a 32 gig Space Grey 5s. And they were all very nice and helpful....

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would not have felt as screwed from Best Buy if they would have not stated that they are available and ready for pick up the next day and then go ahead and sell them to others and worse, then telling us buying an instock product online is no promise of delivery of product.

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear so many had troubles with Best Buy. I know when I ordered at 2am on launch day, I had to go through the order process twice because the first location I chose for pick-up suddenly ran out of stock before I could finish and pay. Simply took a deep breath to calm myself and went through it all again and picked a different one nearby. Received my confirmation email within five minutes and by 9am they had sent my pick-up email. Walked in yesterday afternoon and walked out within the hour with a new 16gb 5s. Even sold my GS2 back to Best Buy and got $75 for it which was credited to my carrier account.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on Thursday Night at 11:15 PM (see my 1st post in this thread) and then went to bed. Woke up and no pick up email. 8am, 9am, 10am, etc.. no pick up email, 11am, nothing, called, they are out of phones. Sold them all to those waiting in line. They said they will get more this coming week. They took $$$ without giving them to those who paid. I have seen the answers above to what happened or may have happened, but not all stores did that, some did.

Sorry to hear so many had troubles with Best Buy. I know when I ordered at 2am on launch day, I had to go through the order process twice because the first location I chose for pick-up suddenly ran out of stock before I could finish and pay. Simply took a deep breath to calm myself and went through it all again and picked a different one nearby. Received my confirmation email within five minutes and by 9am they had sent my pick-up email. Walked in yesterday afternoon and walked out within the hour with a new 16gb 5s. Even sold my GS2 back to Best Buy and got $75 for it which was credited to my carrier account.

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I can understand why you're frustrated and upset. I know I would be as the amount of funds for some does not come in abundance. I, for one, am in that boat and buying anthing has to be a well thought out plan of attack. Here's hoping everyone who ordered and payed but were denied will get some kind of compensation from the company, either with a gift card, first on the waiting list for new stock, or a quick refund on their card.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got a call from BestBuy they are sending me a $50 gift card for my trouble and not having my phone after the order. Said I will have it in 3-4 days.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW