Best Buy called me....no iPhone 7 Plus delivered

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing. I went to BestBuys website earlier today and saw that a bunch of the iPhone 7 plus listings said I could add them to my cart. I figured I would get another error like when I attempted to preorder but went through the steps anyways. I went through all the steps and purchased the black iPhone 7 plus in 128gb I wanted and a couple of hours later I got a shipping confirmation. My phone should be here next week since I didn't want to pay for faster shipping.

Lucky for you! That's awesome it shipped so quickly but seems so weird since my black 7 plus order from the 9th had not shipped yet and the email I got two days ago said it would be three weeks. Must have been the capacity difference or carrier.

I ended up cancelling my order about 20 mins ago and placed one for a smaller 7 with store pick up tomorrow at AT&T. I'll be happier with the smaller one so I'm pretty excited!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.

I am in the same situation as you, but with my carrier. Nothing you can do but carry on and wait. No use in getting upset as it will not change the order you did.

The lady at my carrier was lucky to be dealing with me. Several people there were just yelling at the poor girls working there. It's not their fault. Most of the blame has to go to Apple for never being properly prepared for these launches. They should delay launches by a couple weeks allowing them time to catch up with orders. But who am I too say. I am just a little minion in the big picture.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Just got a call from Best Buy to let me know to not bother coming to pick up my Pre-order. They didnt receive any 7 Plus phones.

That's just crap! When I picked up my 6 Plus a couple years ago...it was same day and went extremely smooth!

You would think that processes should get better not worse??? Come on Apple...what the hell? I slept like crap last night anticipating picking up my new phone and now I just get to sit around and wait for a call that my phone is now in. Best Buy has no idea when they will be getting them in.

you didn't sleep because of you were getting a new phone? really?

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing. I went to BestBuys website earlier today and saw that a bunch of the iPhone 7 plus listings said I could add them to my cart. I figured I would get another error like when I attempted to preorder but went through the steps anyways. I went through all the steps and purchased the black iPhone 7 plus in 128gb I wanted and a couple of hours later I got a shipping confirmation. My phone should be here next week since I didn't want to pay for faster shipping.

I wish I was as fortunate as you.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
It could be worse, could've gotten a Note 7, and then have it burn your house down.

I usually wait a month after release, and then walk into a store and buy the model I want with no hassles.

I find that hard to believe. Apple should have learned from the Iphone 6 Plus launch that the bigger model would be the most popular. This year they added a new camera to the Plus models only and they are surprised that is the model most people are looking to buy?? SMH

It has been my understanding that the 6 & 6S were more popular than the Plus models. Maybe that has change with the 7, or it's still more popular, just not as popular as in the past I would also expect the jet black model to be more constrained due to the extra polishing and cleaning steps required.

murphcid

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Since none will be available till November/December per the AT&T people, I went ahead and got her a 128gb iPhone 7, and she is happy.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well good news is that my Apple iPhone leather case arrived today.........bad news.....still dont have an iPhone 7 Plus to put in the case. It think the 7 Plus is a unicorn in Canada.....it doesnt exist.

Attachments

• 14370317_10157538481000565_4144761399159501681_n.jpg
    14370317_10157538481000565_4144761399159501681_n.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I called Best Buy again today....the employees have no clue what's going on and they have no idea what to say. They said it could take up to 4 weeks. I love how their own employees are in the dark just like their customers.

I decided to order the device directly from the Apple website..a FULL 10 days later than my pre-order....let's see who gets the phone first?

wsrep

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from BB online this past Wednesday for black 128gb plus and my original order said expected ship date was end of October to early November. Didn't mind waiting cause I had a lot of BB gift cards to use. But today got an email and my order was sent out and should be here by 9/28.

For those who been trying to buy online from BB and kept getting the error after hitting add package to cart. Go to your cart first and clear it first. After I did that and went thru the oder phase my order finally went to the cart. It just sucks I've been trying to order from their site since first day and kept getting that error message. Wish I did the clear cart thing earlier. Hope this helps for some of you.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is the last time I pre-order from Best Buy.

I went on the Apple website this morning and checked if any stores had the device...found one close by...reserved it, picked a time to go pick it up this morning and BOOM!! Went extremely SMOOTH!!! There is absolutely no benefit pre-ordering from Best Buy unless you dont have an Apple store nearby.

I will be going back to Best Buy today to get my pre-order deposit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77