Best bluetooth headset to use while running with Apple Watch

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
What BT headset are you using for music while running? I had the series one and my BT headset would cut out from time to time when paired w the watch (not phone). I'm looking for a good headset w strong BT reception for the watch since I like to run without my phone. Thanks!

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Jay birds are one of the best reviewed ones. Have the Power Beats. I got them on sale for half off so it cost me $100.

Is it worth it? Nope, not even at $100. The sounds are flat and it doesn't since it wraps around your ears, it doesn't fit all the time and once you sweat, it stars to come loose. Not to the point where it falls out but I like it tight in my ears. But it like it to at least block out some noise tight.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've used the power beats and the backbeat. Didn't like either one. The backbeats didn't fit me right and the batterylife of the powerbeats were meh. I love the jay birds.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. To confirm none of these have any connectivity issues while running and your arms are swinging back and forth?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. To confirm none of these have any connectivity issues while running and your arms are swinging back and forth?

I don't have issues with the jaybirds. It's been awhile since I used the other two so I'll let the others speak to them.

The jaybirds stay out of your way nicely. They are pricey though, so keep that in mind.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I've used the power beats and the backbeat. Didn't like either one. The backbeats didn't fit me right and the batterylife of the powerbeats were meh. I love the jay birds.

I have the same issue. I need a size in between the medium and small tips.

I'm thinking either Jaybird or Bose. Jaybird customer service is terrible but Bose is top notch.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've just got a pair of wireless Bose Soundsport earphones in preparation for my Nike watch arriving this week. My testing has been done using the iPhone rather a watch but the phone has been in a pocket or in a case next to my handheld water bottle and the Bose earphones have been flawless so far. No glitchy sound, no connection issues, comfortable, don't fall out and sound good.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I need a size in between the medium and small tips.

I'm thinking either Jaybird or Bose. Jaybird customer service is terrible but Bose is top notch.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with jaybird customer service but glad to know it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have jaybird bluebuds x. Love them.

After reading all the glowing reviews in the bluebuds, I bought a pair last year. They sounded great and I really wanted to like them but I never could get them to stay in my ears while running. I tried all five rubber and all five foam tips. No joy. I finally gave them to my wife. She mainly uses them when traveling and likes them.

I have been thinking about trying the PowerBeats 3 with the W1 chip but RHCHAN84's comments are making me rethink that. Best fitting earphones I ever owned were Etymotics. I sure wish they would make a wireless.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
After reading all the glowing reviews in the bluebuds, I bought a pair last year. They sounded great and I really wanted to like them but I never could get them to stay in my ears while running. I tried all five rubber and all five foam tips. No joy. I finally gave them to my wife. She mainly uses them when traveling and likes them.

I have been thinking about trying the PowerBeats 3 with the W1 chip but RHCHAN84's comments are making me rethink that. Best fitting earphones I ever owned were Etymotics. I sure wish they would make a wireless.

Your paying for the name. Their fit is decent. If your ears don't sweat then it might be good for you but not for me. It fits alright for about 10 mins then I start to sweat and it doesn't fit in my ears anymore but then again, the mediums are slightly too small and the larger are slightly too big.

My favorite is still the Bose in-ear. The jaybirds are shaped similar so it be about the same fit as Bose. I can be soaked and those still stay in comfortable.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Getting a proper fit for in ear 'buds can be a real challenge. Like more than a few people, my ears require different sized tips for proper fit. One ear uses medium tips and can use either the conical or spherical shaped tips, but only if they're foam, memory foam preferably. The other ear uses a large tip, and it has to be conical, not spherical.

The triple flange type (usually silicone) hurt my ears after an hour or so.

I will try the AirPods. I don't run, so no fear of losing them. Not having wires means less weight and no pull on the 'buds, and they should be more comfortable over time if the initial fit is compatible. However, sound isolation will not be great. That could be a good thing for street use, but I like to filter out the noise for at home/work listening, and especially on public transportation.

SamNatale

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem with most earbuds. I can recommend a reasonably priced set - Avantree Jogger Plus V4.1. Very comfortable and the battery lasts a long time.

About $35 from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Swe...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2838838

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my running friends love Yurbuds. I haven't personally tried them but a lot of people like them.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy to report that my Vivago bt headset has not skipped a beat w my AW2 Nike version. I tried exaggerating the swing of my arms to see if the connection would fail and it did not. It appears the Series 2 Watch has improved Bt range over the AW0.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Powerbeats 3 with the Apple Watch. I just put it through its paces and it handled it like a champ. Only hiccup I experienced was upon my return when I hit the garage the W1 chip reached out to my phone upstairs. It took a good 8-10 seconds to establish the correct source and continue playing.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
A minor correction and a major retraction --

The minor correction is that the earbuds I have are Jaybird X2, not the bluebuds. I think they're pretty much the same but I wanted to be clear.

The major retraction is that I take back what I said about the X2 earbuds not fitting me. It turns out they fit really good. I was on the verge of buying the powerbeats and decided it would make sense to start over and try one more time to get the X2s to fit. This time, I went to the Jaybird website and watched their tutorial on getting a good fit. What I learned was that the wing pieces are really important. Early on I had foolishly decided they didn't help. WRONG! With the right size wing inserted properly in the ear, the X2s stay put! I've now logged several miles on the treadmill and worn them out in the heat and humidty for a couple of 5K runs and they're staying in place no matter how sweaty I get. SO, for no added expenditure, I have a great set of earbuds that I can highly recommend to runners.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My update with regards to my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones is I have now experienced connection issues with them, not yet while out running but definitely in the gym. They've been playing fine then lost the connection to the watch; they find the watch again ok but you have to restart playback yourself. Will have to see if it was them having a bad day or if I'm going to fall out with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh