Best app for sending & receiving faxes?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not know. Heck, I'm surprised that people still send faxes, let alone via a smartphone when you can simply scan, sign and send via iMessage or email.

Dan Brook

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I do not know. Heck, I'm surprised that people still send faxes, let alone via a smartphone when you can simply scan, sign and send via iMessage or email.
I acknowledge, this is coming many years later, but if like me you came here looking for an answer...

Due to HIPPA requirements, medical offices won't use email for private info but apparently can use a FAX. Kinda silly I think but must be more secure in someways. For those looking, search the app stores for "FAX" and sort by "rating".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I acknowledge, this is coming many years later, but if like me you came here looking for an answer...

Due to HIPPA requirements, medical offices won't use email for private info but apparently can use a FAX. Kinda silly I think but must be more secure in someways. For those looking, search the app stores for "FAX" and sort by "rating".

I’m not sure whether or not you noticed, but the OP was asking if the fax app, via the App Store link he posted, was a good one. I understand the thread title differs from what the OP asked in his original post.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you are in the US, there are still many states that require a faxed document (ie: signature page or notorized form) to be faxed in for things like ordering a birth or death certificate. It's getting less common as state legislatures finally move to on-line authentication, but faxing is still a need once in a blue moon.

OP - I'm not sure about that app and have never heard about it. There are some well known services out there that offer both free and paid fax options. The best free one I have found lets you fax up to 10 documents/pages before they require a subscription. If you have 10 or less pages, or just need the service for a single use, it is a great option. Here is the info: Fax.Plus. They have both iOS and Android apps and the first 10 pages are free. PC Magazine did a good review on several of them last year if you want to take a look.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you are in the US, there are still many states that require a faxed document (ie: signature page or notorized form) to be faxed in for things like ordering a birth or death certificate. It's getting less common as state legislatures finally move to on-line authentication, but faxing is still a need once in a blue moon.

OP - I'm not sure about that app and have never heard about it. There are some well known services out there that offer both free and paid fax options. The best free one I have found lets you fax up to 10 documents/pages before they require a subscription. If you have 10 or less pages, or just need the service for a single use, it is a great option. Here is the info: Fax.Plus. They have both iOS and Android apps and the first 10 pages are free. PC Magazine did a good review on several of them last year if you want to take a look.

This is great information!

Dan Brook

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I’m not sure whether or not you noticed, but the OP was asking if the fax app, via the App Store link he posted, was a good one. I understand the thread title differs from what the OP asked in his original post.
I don't know if you noticed, but what I posted answered the question posed in the title, which is most likely why someone would land here I would think, even several years later.

[removed by mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Brook

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
BTW, I've settled for now on (link removed) for free occasional temporary use.
A bit odd in that they resist assisting newbies until they pay, and the FAX # is temporary and replies could land in someone else's inbox after 24 hours, but they offer an additional number to prevent that. NOT HIPPA compliant though, or at least they won't claim to be. Otherwise very handy and low friction.

Disposable fax number
25-pages inbound per month / 5-pages outbound (total)
Email-to-fax support
Fax-to-email support

Last edited by a moderator:

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Funny how security is mentioned with faxes yet many offices are using fax to email services and said emails are sent UN-encrypted! Oh the humanity! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh